Chapter 5

Ishya looked at the sturdy man from toe to head. The fit and aged man was wearing a cloak over his formal costume. He had a wavy hair dancing to the sweeping wind and his yellowish hair was falling over his golden brown eyes. He nonchalantly walked down the stairs and the students took a step backward and kneeled at once and then got back to position. His glance fell at the girls behind the transparent pane. Pari took Ishya forward as they bowed, "Godfather, the new one."

He nodded as he gave off the shortest smile, "Welcome to the citadel, Ishya Myra."

Ishya smiled, "Thank you."

"Well, call me Karan. You have works to be done, so fit into the gang."

She nodded silently, was that an order?

Karan moved towards Pari, "Inform others to assemble in the drawing room by noon."

Ishya asked, "What should I be doing?"

Karan replied, "Stay disciplined until you are assigned with a work. You get it?"

"Of course," Ishya nodded in slow motion.

"Your supernatural power?"

"Uh... Well it is,"

A guard ran in distracting everyone as he breathed heavily and fell on to the ground. His clothes were shabby and torn and his hair brown and crisp and blood oozing from the injuries in his elbows and knees. His palm was wounded while a bruise arrived in his forehead. He was crying in pain with the littlest of his voice. Karan ran towards him in shock and Pari immediately gathered the students to take their practice sessions in their quarters itself. Karan asked with worries overhead, as he kneeled, "What is this? What had happened Mayuk?"

Dain ran in, calling out for Mayuk. Karan squinted at Dain, "Why are you searching for him?"

"I saw him running to here with blood prints left behind. What had happened to him?"

Pari interfered, "You weren't behind him?"

Dain denied, "Why would I do that? I saw him and that's why I came for help."

Pari nodded, "I thought it was you who had lost control of your own magic. Who could harm a man like this?"

Karan brought Mayuk up on to a couch as the other workers brought the first aid and medical appliances and helped him relieve.

Mayuk woefully brought up, "They are..." He looked sideways at Ishya and sighed, "There are creatures roaming in the forest."

No one could ever see anything at there. I believe there are some dangerous creatures.

Ishya could hear the very words inside her head. It was told by the lad who was then nowhere in her sight.

"Ishya!"

Karan's commanding voice shook her. "Stay with him. Indoors."

Dain helped Mayuk to fly into his cottage as Ishya nodded at Karan and walked behind Dain and Pari. Karan walked away to the group of youngsters who were sent to their rooms. They left the class area while Ishya doubted over the superiority, "Why is this man so restricting?"

Kavya cut through, "Unbearable is he?"

She was coming from one of the cottages on hearing about Mayuk from one of the workers who had given him the medicines.

Pari chuckled, "Not tough though."

Ishya smiled, "Even the coldest has a heart."

Kavya immediately asked, "What had happened to Mayuk?"