Chapter 27

Aarav tightened the hammer head by striking it against a hard surface, "Do you think there is the need of these bladed metals?"

"If the divine graces an end to the tests," Zyan missed a fire arrow on the target.

The armory was enormous with different sharp and strong weapons stored in various racks. Antique as well as modified weapons lined with the wish of wanting to be unused. Hell of fire was never a need.

Zyan put the bow back, "Will you win over the Draco saga?"

"Don't you think - taming a dragon is easier than casting alchemical curses?" Aarav smiled childishly.

"I take back my question," he ran his hands through the daggers, "What is to be done with Ishya... Is there no training or performing?"

"A child is never taught to play," Aarav pulled the curtains close and moved towards the door, "Innate is it."

"Do you really stand by her thinking that she will accomplish?"

"You are not the only one cursed with all skills."

Zyan shook his head with some destructed conceit, "I don't think she will make it. We couldn't do any help then how can a commoner..."

"She performed soul trick, saved your sister."

His mouth was shut, "May be we should find someone much trustable for she could play under Tanvik."

"All can change sides, that's politics. What not! He had gifted his army with the magic of shape shifting."

Gautam joined them as they were following the path, "Ishya can do things that is out of our thoughts. May be you fear that she would be gaining more attention from the superiors if she succeed."

Zyan shot rage at his words, "Be on your limits!"

Gautam denied until they heard titter-tatter in the study. Zyan caught on to his sword when Aarav closed his eyes, "Please do leave. I will handle it here."

Gautam spread an arm forward and Zyan headed towards his chamber. Aarav walked into the study where Pari was arranging the books.

"What are you doing here?"

Pari sensed an arrow of cold that shot down her spine, "You scared me."

He nodded, "That's not the answer."

"I am assigned," Pari left the bundle of papers on the table, "Completed!"

He smiled, "Good! By the way, where is Ishya?"

Pari remembered Ishya's ring, it had the heirloom. Her name itself was now terrifying in the enchanting sense, "Uh... She was with Aira in our chamber."

"Aira with Ishya?" Avyaan came in, "That troubling snow Queen?"

Pari suppressed a laugh, "May be yes, you are getting it right."

Avyaan jumped on to the table, "What does she want from Ishi?"

Sensations were compressed into a single instant through her words. She confessed closing her eyes with all her force, "Ishya have an heirloom with her and Aira needs it, but please she didn't do anything wrong. She had not stolen it." She slowly opened and no one was surprised, "Oh! So you both knew it already, I am the last one who knew it despite being with her all the time. I understand it was not a competition but I am her beloved one I ought to know it firstly. That's it!"

Avyaan countered. "Not only you are her beloved."

Aarav smiled, "I too didn't know it but Avyaan had informed me. He hadn't taken it away from her because it was given by her mother."

"Oh! Every hard heart have a soft spot," Pari teased and Avyaan got down his table.

Pari stood back, "Uh... May be I should go to Ishya."

Aarav and Avyaan moved back and she left in hurry.

***

Ishya was setting up her bed and Pari asked, "So how did you get that thing on you ring?"

She sat on the mattress, "Mother gave it to me."

"And you never told me anything about it. Great!"

She laid and pulled her quilt closer but Pari continued, "Well! What did Aira do?"

"She was called by the chief wizard so she left as soon as you were called by Gautam." A smell of lie hit in the room.

"So now what are you looking to do?"

"Don't know," she dug into her pillows, "Heaven's! I am never born to live this life and still I am brought here."

Pari sat on her bed, hugging the cushion, "What if you think it this way - you are born to be here."

Ishya pressed on to her pillow and slowly drifted off to sleep.

***

The Sun wasn't out but she was awakened. Ishya was walking through the door way with the shawl wrapping her in warmth. Aira's work space had no lights that night, she assumed they weren't working. She recollected what Aira had said before she exited, We, royals are born with an extra talent to conquer everything that our eyes fall on, either by love or by strength. You give me that heirloom when I ask or... I have another plan, would you like that to be executed?

Ishya felt herself suddenly unstable but it was not her, it was the light in the royal chamber at the end of the row. It was Avyaan's and his lights were teasing her. On and off, as if composing a new stressed musical note. She walked up to there and softly knocked on the door.

His tall shadow came over as he opened the door and stood back to let her pass in without a word. He closed the door and moved his blanket to a side, making space for her as he sat on the low - chair.

A lamp stood on the table in his side and he had been playing with it. The bulb flickering and sputtering just like an haunted house and that worried her, no one liked nightmares. He suddenly stopped looking at her frightened face. He was in his night dress but he hadn't slept. His hair was messy and his eyes were trying to find some sleep.

Ishya sat down, the spotlight just on her and him through the panoramic window. The moon was swimming in the star strewn sky and Ishya had been swirling the ring while his eyes was on it for some reason.

"Why are you up?" Ishya finally asked and he raised his sight at her, "Why are you up?"

Ishya was shut, "Something worrying you?"

"Why does Aira need the heirloom that is with you?"

"Shouldn't you be knowing the answers? You were going to her work place that night, why?" Ishya pulled her shawl tightly and he pulled the chair closer to her, "What were you doing there that night?"

He shot every question back at her. That was the maintenance of equilibrium.

For the first time, his perfect smile had faded and he looked woebegone, "Are you stopping yourself from saying something that is troubling you? Aira... the good witches or Chief wizards, anyone... Is anyone troubling you?"

***