Chapter 15

No one had arrived at the table on which the breakfast was laid. Pari and Aira had been staring at one another while Ishya was sitting at the corner in solitude. Mayuk came in, "The delegates have begun arriving so others are welcoming them. You can have the breakfast," he sat down.

The silence was coated over the dining room until Ishya broke the feeling of the dead house, "I..."

Someone entered from the metallic door boarded by squares of glasses. He greeted, "Morning! Am I not late for breakfast?"

There was Avyaan who looked calmer than the rising heat of the outer environment. He had his cloak held against his elbow as he took his seat, plastering a smile. He looked younger than his twenties in the slim fit warrior outfit as he served himself, "Well! What do we have for today?"

Mayuk responded, "The delegates meeting by noon and by dawn Karan needs you at his chamber."

Aira smiled, "There is a total of just fourteen delegates from both the realms. It's been a very small catch up."

As everyone were going on with their breakfast, Avyaan turned, "The climate seems quiet."

Pari shrieked, "Is there anything I can do for you?"

Aira raised her eyebrows as Avyaan concluded, "Maybe there's a help that can be done," Pari was at the edge of her chair in excitement but it all died when Avyaan continued, "By Ishya."

She was frozen against the call as she dropped the glass emptied of water and Avyaan ended, "You must join me at Karan's chamber tonight."

Ishya nodded as Aira smiled at her, "Before you do that work, could you help me at the citadel's book place... Again?"

Ishya agreed with a wide smile and Pari countered, "When players are on the ring, referee ought to come. So count me in!"

The laughter escaped everyone as they scattered on their ways while their plates got empty.

Aira was already reading the book in the citadel's bookish area where there had been little glass sliding cupboards with voluminous books on which the sunlight had fell upon. There were small tables and seats arranged and on a distinguished one was a half - played chess. The snow Queen had been going through the book that they had got from the library while Ishya and Pari had went to Karan's institute to get the books in there. The girls were walking through the open walkway with few books of alchemy and occult while they saw a carriage coming in sight from a distant tomb and drove to the silver tower. Pari doubted, "We have no delegates coming in that one."

Ishya examined keenly as the curtain flew up as it ran down the tomb entrance. She had seen nothing else than a woman's hair.

Pari curiously put on, "Didn't that carriage start from the dungeon?"

Ishya denied, "I don't know but I guess the rider is a woman. What is she doing in the tomb when there are festive season in the court room?"

Pari blushed, "There is ball tonight."

"Seriously?" Ishya shook her head in disbelief as they crossed the threshold to the main fort.

They dropped the books on the table, distracting Aira. Ishya smirked, "Here you go!"

She was just about to look through the books when Zyan came in, "Akesh had arrived, Aira."

She hit the flower bowl in frustration, "I knew it. So what can I be doing? I am trying to find a solution before he had even began thinking."

"Do you think the old books will help? Then they would have find an answer themselves."

"It's for reference."