Chapter 22

The red dragon fluttered in the night airglow. "Avan," Ishya whispered and Pari threw looks of dubiety and Ishya concluded, "He was my parents'." He was mine.

Pari chuckled, "Have you lost it? It is a royal dragon."

"May be... But our dragon was called the same."

"Your Dragon?" Pari stepped back, examining her. 

Ishya had other thoughts roaming in her mind, should she tell Avyaan that Trithi was in the citadel's dungeon being tortured by Aira for she could get to take over the second realm. Did Karan know that there was the chief alchemist in his prison?

Ishya and Pari nonchalantly walked into the ground where the numerous guardians where getting improvised. Avyaan was taking the weaponry classes until he saw Ishya and Pari. He instructed the soldiers to continue the practice and joined the girls. Before starting of anything, he softly ordered, "No questions on royal matters."

Ishya cleared her throat, "Why do they practice weapons?"

Pari smiled, "Wasn't that a part of royal matters?"

"The weapons are way too painless to defeat a person for his injuries could by healed by magic. But fighting with magic is equal to getting killed on spot. So when one of our people commit a small crime, we punish them with weapons and not the electrifying magic," he explained like one does to a child.

"Avan!" Ishya pronounced with memories, "Where have you got him from?"

"Consider him to be won from the Draco saga," he smiled.

"You won him?" Ishya looked into his eyes questioning, but believing his words.

"Well... Yes."

Pari yawned as if hearing a lecture, "May be I should find some sleep rather than wasting my time here."

She swept off in her burning coal like cloak and Avyaan turned to Ishya more freely, "So what do you do below?"

"Anyways not playing with lives," she backfired, "Like you above."

"We have great plans for you... You will have to start with a warm up to test your tricks."

She smiled, "Never done that before," somewhere excitement bursting.

"Aira will be there to train you."

"Aira?" Ishya seemed furious but she didn't let any piece of her emotions to free the truth she knew about Aira because she never knew Avyaan was on whose side for she could not trust anyone after that; we may be able to unravel the mystery by reading a face, but what if it have numerous faces. Everything is not what it seems to be.

We can't trust too much, can we? Especially when it comes to business.

Politics, the atrocious business.

Betrayal.

Never too much.

Avyaan doubted, "What was that?"

"No... I was just asking - Aira would be tired."

"Was that a question?"

"Somewhat."

"If so, Aarav will be there with me for you. Is that fine?"

"Never too better," she sighed under her foggy breath, "Aarav?" Curiosity struck her, that name itself felt like she had profoundly known him for a lifetime.

"My comrade," Avyaan broke her thoughts.

She blinked her eyes, "Would like to meet him."

"Of course soon."

Ishya turned to him as she heard, "Your magic or elements, tell me about it."

"No idea," Ishya felt herself drowning, she reheard Pari, Has some magic influenced you?

"It most probably did," she whispered to herself.

Yes. It did. He did.

Even if one has such a pure, strong and unique magic then it can only be discovered by an influence of a vital bond. Only that comrade can be the key to unlocking such a threatening magic, the divine magic that we are in search of.

"You must work on it then, for we must be sure you will be safe," his sound gave off the heaviest modulation of fear.

"What will I have to do?"

"Open the portal by breaking the curse casted by Tanvik."

She repeated, "What will I have to do for that?"

"We... You will have to defeat the immortal heir to let him lose control of the shape shifting magic hunters. We thought that the absolute magic or survivors... Those who were saved from being a shape shifter and still wandering outside freely either those who survived the apocalypse of home would have helped us to find a solution. We hope... Just hope you are the end of our quest." He sat on the bumpy cushions that was laid outside the tent. Ishya pulled her legs closer when she sat facing him. He smiled perfectly, "Aren't you sleepy?"

"Nope."

He cut through the silence, "You should force out your innate magic to kill immortality that is likely to be... Divine magic which will break the curse."

But they need the touch of some divine magic who can bear the crown of Triratna.

All those days when she had took up things so casually, she hadn't got a chance to know all of it would make sense, that she was trained for greatness, she was destined for magic.

His eyes were on the charm in her ring, "Isn't that an heirloom?"

Ishya wiped the charm with her fingertips, "Of citadel?"

"Of our swords."

"A charm from weapons? No! Not possible - my mother gave it to me." Ishya had made up her mind to argue for she didn't want to lose it as she had a duty assigned, ages before. It will help you.

"But it's not of home," Avyaan informed to just let her know that it didn't belong to her.

She slightly feared not to hear anything that she didn't want to listen, but he concluded, "It is the magic's, the caves', the Triratna's heirloom."

It couldn't be. The residence of home were no allies of danger.

"Who are you? Where were you trained?"

The worries were unfinished, "How did you handle it all your life - without harming and being harmed?" The soothing and bold changes in the voice were clear even when the soldiers' were marking the dispersing appreciation, a rhythmic applause.

Ishya never knew the charm had been so powerful, was it possible for her to be handled because her magic was not awakened or because... She was divine magic herself.

***