Chapter 1

"The world is your home."

***

The running train slowly came to a stop at the last station and only a few of them got down that station. Literally, that meant the last passengers, just two or three who had come for some serious reasons except her. She was exactly planning of nothing less than enjoying in the citadel. She was an ordinary girl to all, one among a million with love for everything good that she can do. The citadel was in some height from the land, it rested on a peak below the Triratna.

***

Suspended below the dreamy clouds and tall peak was the well-developed citadel that had all facilities with the improved technology. Her city of sophisticated beauty and political freedom stood beneath the citadel and the Triratna. The land below witnessed the dozy aestival rays of the sun falling overhead and some of the light peeped in through the windows of a small house. She still hadn't felt it except for a loving voice letting her live in her fairy tale dream, 'My star...'

 The brumal breeze caressed her and the vernal ambiance had enlightened the nature. But she still was not awakened. She heard someone's footsteps approaching and then a huge thud of the door closing. The girl slowly turned and pressed her face on the pillow. She could wait till late night but waking up early in the morning was not a rule she was obedient to. Someone came in again and patted her, "Morning! Wake up Ishi." She slowly turned as the woman rolled her up and then she sprinkled a few drops of water on Ishya. She slowly got up, stretching herself and rubbing her eyes. Still sleepy, she folded the bed and blanket and began gently, "Why did the morning come so early?"

"Want to continue sleeping?" She heard the woman ask in laughter.

Pat came the worries out of her, "Oh God! I must hurry up to Godfather's house. It's going to be my first day and I can't be late."

"Don't panic, you have time till tomorrow morning," the woman comforted, "Freshen up fast Miss. Ishya Myra."

The woman walked out to the kitchen while Ishya brushed her teeth, listening to the news and took a shower, singing for herself. Finally she dressed up and looked at the mirror. There was a gorgeously innocent face captured in the smooth surface. Dark black eyes, long black braided hair with side bangs falling over her sparkling eyes. The young aged beauty was dressed colourful. She was tall, slender and good-looking with rose cheeks and cherry red lips. She grabbed her luggage and sat at the dining table as she shouted, "Aunt! Aunt Mahika."

The middle aged working lady in a pale coloured gown with her brown hair tied up, served baked buns and cooked vegetables for breakfast. Mahika poured the hot drink from the tea pot to the cups and began munching on the bread as it was the beginning of a new day.

Ishya lived with Mahika, though she believed it was just some fateful bond. Mahika was a biological engineer and Ishya was trying to earn some job till then she was appointed with in the Godfather's house.

Karan was being called the Godfather by everyone in the land because he had begun training for the upcoming children to work out their powers, magic and such unbelievable matters. In short, he is training an army to save the homeland when there comes a battle again, so that they don't doom themselves. He is a great storyteller and he had once seen Ishya as a receptionist in the factory side. She was just taking the place of her neighbour when he had fallen sick, Karan did send an invitation to her aunt for her job on seeing her mannerism.

Back at the house, Ishya waved at her aunt as she washed her hands over the sink and hugged her aunt who kissed her forehead in return and Ishya then ran out only to catch the public transport. Modified metro trains and sky - ships were the only common transport then. She walked to the railway station with her swiping - ticket, the outside seemed dull just like usual because of a mountain that stood still. It blocked some amount of the sunlight but it was as old as time and its shadow fell over the whole land. The people below never talked about it neither allowed anyone to climb over it but that mountain was always a topic for discussion amongst the youngsters. The very mountain had nothing in common except the head. At its top where three separations as if three eggs. It looked similar from the ground as if there were three gems treasured on the top of the mountain, Triratna.

Ishya was just on time at the station, near her house. She checked in herself and took her seat as the ride to citadel, where Karan lived was a pretty long way. From the very next stop did a lady enter, elder than her aunt but still beautiful. Ishya kept her eyes locked at the view outside while the woman sat beside her. She pulled out some thick book and began reading by correcting her specs. Ishya twirled her bangs to clear her sight of the green land and the woman began, "Omen."

Ishya turned to the woman, dubiously. The woman gave off an evil grin, "Everything is an omen."

Ishya sighed, "I have heard it all my life. There is nothing new."

"This is going to be new," the woman plastered a smile, "Let me tell you, your destiny is rooted in yourself. The place you are going to... Will make everything new in your life."

Ishya didn't want to consider the words of a stranger. The woman concluded, "You are born, knowing the alchemy and occult."

Ishya laughed, changing her vision to the window, "That's pleasing, but you know what grandma... There is nothing like that, I am just an ordinary one from the Home."

The woman ended, "Who said that only the ordinary lives in the Home? Home itself is a magical-scape."

Home was the only land known where the people existed below the citadel and Triratna, away from magic but the people in home were blessed with few supernatural powers or somewhat the sixth sense.

Ishya turned back to the seat only to see the woman leaving. She called out, "Your name?"

"Better, you do call me grandma. See you someday granddaughter!" The woman smiled, taking her luggage towards the door.

Ishya replied, "I am Ishya Myra from Home."

The train paused at the station as it opened the door and the woman waved at Ishya as she got down, saying, "I am Luna, keeper in the citadel. I have just got some holidays." The woman winked at her from the platform as the door slowly slid shut and the train continued.

Ishya was being a loner of nature and she rested calmly with her eyes closed. Few more stations passed by and she looked around to make sure her stop hadn't come yet because she was going to the citadel for the very first time. Only those who wanted to learn magic usually went there or those who wanted help to control their own supernatural abilities. Ishya had never seen the citadel but she had heard about it from the people and she had already designed some structures in her mind regarding the citadel.

The running train slowly came to a stop at the final station and the last passengers got down with their luggage as the metro went the reverse side. Ishya smiled looking around as she hoped that the place would be nothing similar like she had imagined. She got down the station through the elevator as she had to find the citadel. There weren't too many citizens and so she doubted if she would be able to reside there a week.

A week was going to be too much.

@Surya_SK