Chapter 3

She rose her chin only to see the glimpse of one of the lands in the Triratna. They had seen a few lights glow and she assumed it to be a watch tower and its head seemingly looked at them. He told her, "At night, the land would glow."

She looked back at him, "What's on the other side... The second and third realm?"

"No one could ever see anything at there. I believe there are some dangerous creatures."

"Creature?"

He nodded, "Maybe humans." He sighed under his breath, May be something incredibly different.

She said, "Everyone above is dangerous, filled with magic. Potions, spells and curses. They have taken many from us. Why do they do that? Years before, they snatched some of our people. They come down, talk with them and the other day, they are taken away. Many children did lose their parents."

He turned dull, with a willingness to explain something over a moment of silence that rose immediately. She had a gulp of extreme pain being built at her throat. Death, love and revenge were always the immortal things in human life.

He smiled suddenly to change the topic, "Hey! What if they take the people from Home for some reason? What if they are protecting us?"

"Do you think so? Then that's foolishness at its highest level. If they wants to protect us, they can be friendly. They wouldn't create walls and neither would they take our people as hostages neither work out magic to collect our people," she woefully cried.

He got back to his bike and she followed, "But I have no answers on thinking why the third cave has never been involved in any tales."

He told her, "We may be able to unravel the mystery by reading a face, but what if it have numerous faces. Everything is not what it seems to be, Ishya."

She agreed as the wind snatched their words and they dwelt in their thoughts while they were riding to the citadel.

The clouds crashed and darkened the land. He took the bike to a side, only to find a shelter in the tent, temporarily tied below the giant tree. As soon as they got down the bike, the clouds showered gently. The Sun was content to hide behind the clouds and both of them sat down as she opened her backpack and took off the lunch. She unwrapped the food and he looked away. The gentle patter of the rain drops could be heard, so she called him in a higher voice, "Have the lunch with me."

He smiled, "No thanks."

"We would only reach the citadel by the supper time."

"It's fine."

"Have it!" She compelled, pointing at the sandwiches and scrambled eggs.

He smiled, "You aren't that rude, after all." He took a bite on the sandwich as she rolled her eyes at him.

"What is your name?" She began, friendly.

"Avin."

"So you are one of the citadel's child?"

"Yes, you can consider so."

"You are the only good ones with magic."

"Because you only know us. Because you are allowed to come to us."

"Any events coming up? Karan did say to gather some supplies from the town."

He was keenly thinking as she interrupted, "I had brought the stuffs."

He clapped his hands, "Got it! Some programs are lined up and the next day, the present heir from one of the caves of Triratna would be coming here."

"Seriously? People in the citadel are connected with the Triratna?"

"Yes! With the first cave. Only after knowing them did I say that they aren't tyrannous folks."

"The people below, in the Home believe that you are helpful to them... But you have an alliance with the people of Triratna?"

"They are coming to us to discuss some issue. The citadel have to help them because they are thinking about the future of the Home's residents."

"Oh! Yes, they are civilians with the authentic indomitable spirit."

"I wouldn't be winning an argument with you."

The clouds slowly vanished into the atmosphere as the sun blazed at the clear blue sphere. He walked back and jumped on to his bike as she sat behind him with boredom once they had had the meal. He drove off, "This is going to be a legacy when you get back to home."

"That's now an aspiration," she smiled.

"Everything is possible under the Sun and beyond it." He promised, "That's what Triratna says to the citadel. Anyhow, this ride is going to be memorable for you."

"This ride?"

"I meant, this week at the citadel."

She smiled, "I hope for the same to happen."

What if this week was greater enough to turn the lives upside down with secrets torn apart, webs of lies being dusted and tales coming to end.

The sky was turning orange and the purple tinged edges met the everlasting water life. The moon slowly peeped and the wind got cooler. The stars sparked as the other beings got to den. From cave humans of empty hands, to peaks of magical hands - how far had the world evolved.

Ishya popped out of enthusiasm, "Don't you have unicorns, dragons and aliens? You could have asked for one if you are the cheerleaders of Triratna."

He gave off a half-smiled, "Was that a joke? It didn't seem to be so."

"Actually, why were you coming that way? I mean, from where you got me... Why were you going that way if it takes so much time to get back?"

"Fun, adventure! Moreover, Karan did say to bring you."

"Woah! That's sweet."

"And there is a library in that way."

"Oh! Who is not a book lover?"

"You are going to love this place, anyhow."

"Absolutely obvious," she shrieked.

"Citadel is just like a whole new realm. Families, houses, school with students, staffs and shops and everything at a single spot."

"I am longing to reach there."

"Magic awaits!"

"Can I ask you one thing?"

"Go ahead!"

"Do you just have a bike?"

"No! A super-cycle too."

"Seriously? I was asking about horses, dragons and such beings."

"Oh! I see, that's a fascinating transportation. I will get one soon," He winked at her.

As the stars glowed in the night sky, they marked their entry to the ever lionized world fit into a citadel. The bike drove in through the opened gates between the huge brick walls. It led to a wooden path above the flowing river that had been the home to poisonous marine life. Avin stopped the bike at a plot in some distance and got down with Ishya. The place looked granter and spacious with visibly everything in availability. They entered in and Avin showed the way to the accommodation arranged for her. A huge room with a wooden door, leading through a narrow pathway of framed pictures to see a luxurious hanging light like a chain of gems sparkling of which a tufted double bed laid beneath and a nightstand beside it with a sun-shaped lamp and a codeless phone. On the other side, was a glass sliding door to view the garden glowing due to the fire lanterns. Avin ended, "Be comfortable! You can join us tomorrow. We can take a tour around." He plastered a smile as he walked towards the door, "Good night!" He went closing the door. She sat back as she remembered, some programs are lined up and the next day, the present heir from one of the caves of Triratna would be coming here. She sat on the floor, resting on the bed-cot as she looked at the glowing moon through the panoramic window.

What was the mystery of the two lands of Triratna and the secret of the third cave? Why were the peak having an issue? What were they doing with the home and its people?

Surya_SK