Chapter 24

Ishya sat back, holding on to the end of her inky coat. Aakruthi rubbed her nose and sat down, "What did she tell you, Avi?"

Avyaan began, "She... Actually mom..."

"Kiddo... Tell us, do you have any intentions? Any orders to be followed... any command ringing in your head?" Aadarsh was back, tensed but still wanting definite answer.

Ishya denied.

"So that heirloom?" Aakruthi questioned tilting her head to remind that it was punishable.

"M... Mother gave it to... me," Ishya stammered unusually.

"What was she? Magician? Alchemist? Shape shifter? Tribesmen? Elemental owner?"

"From home..." Ishya remember, is all that I know.

"Where is she now?"

"I don't know. She left," Ishya's soundless sob was noticed by Avyaan who was about to step forward in defence when Aadarsh had a sense of soft corner, "She might not have abandoned you, young lady."

Ishya smiled, her eyelids wetting. Avyaan quickly handed over a kerchief and smiled. His mother's stare swayed from her to him and back at her, "We wouldn't enquire what you don't know."

The bold voice of Aira came through, "But anything found wrong would cost your life..." Ishya's breath was paused until she completed, "Isn't it like that Good Witch?"

Ishya was still on her sitting position. No movement. No memories. No sigh.

Aakruthi nodded, her eyes on Ishya with a motherly affection and when Ishya noticed, she turned behind examining Aira, "Oh! You were still around? Can we walk to the Fort sitting?"

Aira nodded, "Of course. Chief Wizard, would you like to join?"

Aadarsh had a short smile, "I am the chief, so I am very much needed to be included in discussions."

Aira smirked, "Yup! Avyaan, come on." She giggled threateningly at Ishya then. Avyaan's eyes slid past Ishya's apologetic eyes that were on him for no reason without really meeting hers. "Aira, I will join a little later."

Aakruthi and Aadarsh stood up, following Aira out of the tent. Aira turned back, "Is Ishya frozen like my element? You can move buddy!"

Take a chill pill, Ishya sighed, standing up relieved.

Aakruthi raised her chin, "You can leave, young lady."

Avyaan whispered, "Mother..."

Aakruthi narrowed her eyes at him, "Mm. Move on, Ishya."

Aadarsh nodded, "Meet you, kiddo."

"Avyaan! Come," Aira called out but Avyaan replied dismissively, "I will catch up." Ishya stepped at the exiting side of the tent silently, lining up behind Aakruthi when Avyaan cocked his head to a side, "Can I have a moment with you?"

All the eyes fell back on him and he cleared, "Ishi."

His parents spared a glance at them, their cheeks reddening and he mentioned, "Ishya."

They left smiling and gesturing Aira to walk. She denied walking ahead, "Avyaan... Don't entangle with these people who are not yours."

Avyaan narrowed his eyes and tilted his head, letting Ishya know that he does not care Aira's words. He smiled at Ishya as they sat back in the tent under the welcoming of a new day.

***

They sat looking at each other as if they could sit so lifelong until Ishya broke the haunting silence, "You needed to say something... to me?"