In Good Hands

Lana pulled into the hospital's entrance. Before she could come to a complete stop, Mizuchi opened the door and sprinted out. "Hey! Lemme put it in park first!" the ibex exclaimed. Mizuchi didn't even hear her. She ran through the automatic doors into the lobby, looking around for Tanya. Lana shook her head and drove off. She'd swing back by in a few minutes.

   "Can I help you, miss?" the burro receptionist at the desk asked her. Mizuchi approached swiftly. "My friend Tanya! She had an accident last night! Do you know where she is?" she asked hastily. The burro checked her computer. "We have four Tanyas. What species?" she asked. "Raccoon." Mizuchi responded, tapping her fingers on the counter. "Her room is 203, but check the cafeteria first. She might be having lunch." the burro replied, pointing down the hall. Mizuchi smiled wide. "Thank you so much!" she exclaimed as she sprinted down the hall, passing doctors and nurses.

   Mizuchi entered the cafeteria, which wasn't very busy. Immediately, she saw her friend sitting at a table with a cheetah. "TANYA!!" she exclaimed, bursting into tears. Everyone turned to her. Tanya's full mouth dropped and she almost spit her food out. "MIZUCHI! OH MY GOD!!" The raccoon stood up and hugged her best friend, both of them crying hysterically. "You're alive!!" Mizuchi cried, kissing Tanya on the cheek. Tanya pulled back a bit to look at the harlequin rabbit's face. She saw the slash marks and bruises. Her crying subsided. 

   "What happened?!" Tanya muttered. Mizuchi shook her head. "He killed them." she whispered in despair. Tanya embraced her friend once again. "Oh, no." she said softly as Mizuchi sobbed. "I tried to stop them, Mizuchi. I couldn't! They....they...." Tanya stuttered. "There's nothing you could've done." she whimpered. "Who killed them?" a female voice asked. Mizuchi turned to see the cheetah that Tanya had been dining with. It was Sheila, eating souffle cheesecake for dessert. She had crutches leaning on the table. 

   "Sheila?" Mizuchi asked, a bit confused.  Sheila nodded. "Hey Mizuchi." she said simply. Tanya and Mizuchi broke their hug and the latter sniffled her tears. "What happened to you?" the harlequin asked. Sheila set her spoon down and lifted her gown a bit. It showed the stab wound in her thigh from two nights prior. It had 12 stitches. "I got stabbed, two nights ago." she answered. Mizuchi's eyes went wide. "Was it a rabbit?" she asked. Sheila nodded. "Robot rabbits apparently." she answered. "How'd you escape?" Mizuchi asked, sitting down at the table. Tanya did as well. "Juno. She carried me to her car and she ran them over." Sheila answered. "Juno's at Louis's mansion right now." Mizuchi said. Sheila nodded. "I assume she's alright." she replied. Mizuchi looked over to the cafeteria entrance. "For now, at least." she muttered. 

   Mizuchi then went on to explain in detail what happened to her and her parents. From when Riley was murdered to the home invasion, the raccoon and the cheetah listened with utter disbelief. Eventually, Asa the bongo from the mansion arrived to take Mizuchi to the police station. It was hard to say goodbye to Tanya after such traumatic events, but the harlequin parted ways. Tanya had one more day to spend in the hospital and she'd be out soon.

POLICE STATION.....

   The local law enforcement had turned the investigation over to the PSIA (Public Security Intelligence Agency) by this point. With Lester dead and his house burned down, this was far too big for the police to handle alone. Though it was out of his department, the PSIA had recruited Noc to join them in disclosing information on Lester. He, Kyuu, Dolph and the Cherryton grads gave their testimonies one-by-one to the PSIA. Mizuchi's was the most helpful, as she was the only one who physically interacted with Zen and knew about the planned terrorist attack. The best part is that Zen had no idea Mizuchi knew about it.