Aftermath

MELON'S CELL.....

   Melon was back in his cell, brushing his teeth. Footsteps were approaching from down the hall. Benji was carrying a phone, which he plugged into the wall across from the cell. Melon was almost finished.

    "Same drill, whenever you're ready." the Benji said. Melon spit the toothpaste. "Just a moment, please." he said as he rinsed his mouth and toothbrush. He tapped it dry and set it aside, before facing the wall with his hands behind his back. Benji unlocked the slot in the prison bars and slipped the phone in. He fed a good length of cord into the cell and locked the slot. "All set, doc." Benji said before he left. "Thank you so much. I'll call you when I'm finished." Melon replied, his eyes panning as if trying to look over his shoulder. He turned around and grabbed the phone, sitting down on his bed with it.

   He answered. "Are you ready for your call?" asked a female voice. "Yes ma'am." Melon answered. "What's the number?" she asked. Melon reached over to his desk and grabbed a pack of watermelon-flavored chewing gum. "Area code: three-zero-one, five-five-five, double six-two-four." Melon replied before he shoved a piece in his mouth. He chewed while he listened to the line ring. Since Melon had no sense of taste, the gum and toothpaste aftertaste had zero effect on him. After four rings, a middle-aged male voice answered. 

   "Hello?" a soft, middle-aged male voice answered. Melon perked up with a smile. "Haig! It's Melon. Listen, I have vital information I wish to testify before the judge. I request an emergency hearing by tomorrow morning. It's about what's happening in Zebuth as we speak." Melon replied, leaning up against the wall. He coiled the spiraling phone cord around his pinkie finger. "Tomorrow morning? That might be difficult to set up, Melon." Haig asked. Melon uncoiled the phone cord. 

   "I'm hammering this home, Haig. Don't take this for granted in the slightest. By tomorrow morning, I mean tomorrow morning. The entire carnivore order depends on it!" Melon said urgently. "Okay. I'll be there to see you in about twenty minutes. You know that I'll need insight to make it happen with Judge Keiji." Haig said. "Thank you, very much." Melon answered as he stood up. After hanging up, he walked over to the prison bars with the phone in one hand. He stuck two fingers in his mouth with his other hand and blew out a loud whistle. 

   "I'm finished!" he called out to Benji. Melon blew a bubble with his gum as he waited. 

THE MANSION....

   Noc floored it back to the mansion with two police cruisers flashing their lights following close behind. He was going 20 MPH over the speed limit, but it was justified. Louis was twiddling his thumbs, praying that everyone was safe. Kyuu had her eyes shut, swaying with every turn the car made. She was meditating to calm herself. Louis tapped his foot as Noc turned onto the river road. 

   It was barely three minutes after that turn that they pulled into the driveway. The gate wasn't damaged at all. The androids must've been right behind Legosi, Sameer, and Mizuchi when they made it back. As soon as Noc put the car into park, Louis burst out and sprinted into the house before Noc and Kyuu had the chance.

   "It's Louis!" Bill exclaimed, looking out the living room window. Louis began shedding tears as he entered the living room. Everyone was alive. "Oh, thank God!" he cried. Legosi threw his arms around the stag, who returned the favor. "Hey. Louis. It's okay. We're alive." the wolf said softly. Haru wrapped her arms around both of their waists, given their heights. Juno did the same. Lana, who saw the whole thing, smirked a bit. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's real lovely and all, but come on. What about my salary?" the ibex asked. Louis looked at her, chuckling amidst the crying. "Have a nice Monday off, Lana." he sniffled. The four broke apart from the hug just as Noc and Kyuu came in with four officers behind them. A red fox, a bongo, a mugger crocodile, and an Asian water buffalo. The buffalo started taking pictures of the crime scene, while the bongo started getting everyone's names and asking them questions.