Responsibility

I resurface quickly, coughing up the water I had accidentally swallowed while screaming on the way down. As soon as I get over my coughing fit, I call for an Ilu, knowing it isn't safe for me to just swim in the water. The Sky people are still nearby. An Ilu rushes to my side and I mount it before swimming off in the opposite direction of the ship, though I know Lo'ak, Tuk, and Tsireya are now on it, but I can't retrieve them by myself.

Just around the corner of Three Brothers Rocks, I hear the sound of distant yips and war cries. It's the clan. My Father, Mother, and Jake Sully all lead at the front while Neytiri is in the air on her Ikran. The war party stops at the sight of me, and I rush towards my parents.

"Tsaeyla!" My father calls out for me, the sound of relief in his voice.

"Where are Aonung and Roxto?" I ask in a panic. I haven't seen them since we were hiding in the seagrass.

"We passed them on the way here." My father informs me. "They are back at Awa'atlu. Safe."

"Where are my kids?" Jake Sully suddenly asks me, and I turn to look at him.

"On the demon ship. Along with Tsireya. We have to get back now!"

"No, Tsaeyla. You must go to the village. Your presence is needed, tsakarem." My mother tells me, stopping me from joining them in battle.

I protest, "No! I need to help my friends! My sister!"

"Tsaeyla, You are the next Tsahik. The village needs you." My father tells me, resting a comforting hand on my shoulder. I look between him and my mother, a pleading look still in my eyes, but I finally give in and nod. I have a role that must be played.

My mother adds, "We trust you."

I swim off to the side and the clan is off again, swimming fast towards the demon ship. I watch till they are out of sight and continue back towards Awa'atlu.

word count: 347

a.n: damn, short chapter! Sorry!