freeing the unfortunate

Start from the beginning

Caroline fixed her hair while looking at a mirror that laid in the corridor, before picking up the bag. She had wrote a response in the same note, before leaving the large apartment.

Caroline had arrived at the grill, and sat down at the bar. She felt familiar eyes on her, as she turned and noticed Damon and Alaric sitting there right next to her. "What happened with you guys?," she asked as Damon sighed. "I screwed up," He replied.

Caroline raised her brows.  "Enlighten me." She replied, but then paused once realising she has been spending too much time with Elijah.
Alaric sighed, "he fed Elena vampire blood," causing Caroline shrugged, she had already prepared for this too long ago. "You fucked up." Alaric nodded to what the blonde had said, "Yeah. Yeah, you did." He turned to damon, as he drank the remains of his bourbon glass.

The man had entered the bar with a smirk plastered on his face, that only grew wider once his eyes landed on Caroline. It felt good to be back in his own body, because now he didn't have to hold himself back from talking—mostly flirting— with her without it being weird.

"Gentlemen. Why so glum?" Caroline heard a British voice from next to her speak, as her head turned towards the origin.

He was starting right at her. He had dirty-blonde curls, his lips curled in a devilish grin.  But somehow what she was drawn to were his eyes. They were a dark blue, a mixture between the sea when it storms, and the blue midnight sky. 

Alaric stiffened almost painfully as Klaus walked up to the counter, and placed his hands atop of it.   Damon turned to look at the man, groaning as he realized who was standing next to him. "Ugh. Klaus, I presume?" Damon said, his usual cockiness lacing his voice.

He had smirked and said, "In the flesh," before turning to look at Alaric. "Thanks for the loaner, mate."

Damon stood up so he was standing in front of Klaus as he said, "Any reason you stopped by to say hi?"

Klaus simply smirked, walking towards him as he spoke, his eyes darkening in something. a threat, a warning. both. "I'm told you and your brother fancy my doppelganger. Just thought I'd remind you to not do anything you'll regret." Damon breaks into a smile at the irony of the comment. The vampire winced his eyes and said, "Ha. Thanks for the advice. I don't suppose I could talk you into a postponement, by any chance, huh?"

Klaus chuckles and says, "You are kidding," He looked back at the teacher and says, "He is kidding, right?" The man shook his head before saying, "No, not really." Damon ignored the jab and said, "I mean, come on, what's one month in the whole grand scheme of things?"

Klaus stepped forward, his eyes darkening further, and it was clear now this warning had shifted to a threat, as he said, "Let me be clear— I have my vampire. I have my werewolf. I have everything I need. The ritual will happen tonight. So if you truly wish to see tomorrow, don't screw it up." He threatened, and walked away.

Damon shook his head at her and Alaric asked, talking about the ritual,"You're going to screw it up, aren't you?"  The man sighed. "You think if I took his werewolf out of the equation, she might.. Get over the fact that I tried to turn her into a vampire?" Damon questioned.   "I think it won't matter, because you'll be dead." Alaric replied sarcastically. 

"But without the werewolf, he can't perform the ritual tonight, which means I would have bought her one month before the next full moon," Damon said.     "And you'll still be dead," Caroline stated walking away from the duo, and outside the grill.

She then paused as she felt someone watch her. Her hand unclenched as she turned around but was met with the same blue eyes she had been gazing at earlier. "Hello, my love." He smirked. "I finally get to see that pretty face of yours." He murmured, inching closer.