a tedious summer

✶ 𝔬𝔫𝔢 ⌢ a tedious summer  ˇ !

✶ 𝔬𝔫𝔢 ⌢ a tedious summer ˇ !

It was summer, a very tedious one. Caroline's friends, and likely all people in her high school, were all doing their own things, or having fun with their families, while she laid there on her bed - bored with nothing to do herself. She had gone shopping, and bought many things, but sometimes even her favourite coping mechanism eventually stops working. 

Meaning, she is lonely, and she hates it.

Her mother didn't have 'holidays' as the Sheriff of the mystic falls police department. If anything, she hadn't seen her properly in days. Properly meaning that whenever the blonde tried to merely glance at her mother, she couldn't. The older woman would either be calling someone or signing stacks of papers she was required to — that's if she was even at home.

Caroline's face marred a bored yet somehow exasperated frown, as she laid down comfortably on her bed, with her soft blonde curls spread on her pillow. Her blue eyes looked up at the ceiling slightly dazed, and her lips felt firm as she pressed them together to form a line.

She was bored out of her mind and was unsure of what to do to solve this problem.

Maybe she could bake something? But after making the many cupcakes that laid now in her fridge? Suppose, she could go and give those to the kids back at the old public school. She hadn't seen any of them in a few days. She smiled in triumph once she realised that she had found something to waste more of her unused time on.

But the second she had lifted her self off the bed, she had paused, seeming to have remembered something. Caroline visibly tensed up, as she got a hold of her phone from the top of a drawer of her nightstand. A thought had just crossed her mind. She had been reminded of him, by him she was referring to a guy she had quite briefly met only a few days ago at the mystic grill.

He had kept sneaking glances at her and her friends, and Caroline did find him semi-attractive, if she squinted. But she was bored and a hook up sounded good at the time, so she picked up some confidence and asked for his number.

The only problem in this was, that he wasn't staring at her, he was staring at her best friend, Elena. But instead of saying anything or just kindly rejecting her, the coward had given her a fake number he had just made up in his head because he felt bad. And that number had actually belonged to— well.. But neither the boy nor the poor blonde knew that yet.

Leaving a fucked up coincidence to happen indeed.

She grasped the phone in her hand as she clicked dial and called the man, waiting eagerly for him to answer and after a few rings, he finally does. Might I add, quite frustratedly.  "Hello?," A thick British accent spoke from the other side of the line, causing Caroline's back to stiffen. Wait. What?