freeing the unfortunate

✶ 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶  ⌢ freeing the unfortunate ˇ !

Elijah had left Caroline in his apartment, he had to deal with the Salvatores because they weren't enthusiastic about him reforming the negotiation with Elena, and as most people would guess, it didn't go down well.

Especially with Damon, who told them all to go to hell before storming off in anger, the dramatic bastard he was. It took everything in elijah not to rip out each organ of the salavatore's till he remains nothing but an aimless, bleeding corpse. He had clenched his jaw so annihilated by it all it felt like his teeth were steel grating knives, but somehow unmoving, not making a single sound.

All it took, all it needed was patience. Is what he told himself. And both Stefan and Elena had agreed to work with the original again, and apologized for the parts they played in his death.

Caroline eventually woke up and groaned as she did so, her head aching. What had she done the night before? She looked around her hazily, her eyes half asleep, and noticed there were no men nor women so she didn't sleep with anyone. She didn't even remember seeing anyone the night before, and her clothes were intact on her body.

But it was then she realised that this was Elijah's apartment, and her memories instantly flooded back. She sighed as she lifted herself off of the comfortable couch, her face formed a frown once she looked at the vomit stain on her shirt. Her eyes looked down to the table in front of her, that had a note with 'Caroline' written in the neatest cursive handwriting she had ever seen.

Dear Caroline,     I regret to inform you that you had lost consciousness after having too much
to drink, but do not worry nor be held by concern for I had taken personal care for you, and    I
reassure you that you didn't embarrass yourself in front of anyone other than I.

For the problem involving your clothes (which I had taken notice, you seem to value) I  again
  inform you of the bag that you had forgotten the night you had forced  me into a     'sleepover'
to watch horror movies since you felt too scared to watch them by yourself after midnight had
already passed.

By the time you read this, I will be at the Salvatore boarding house. Attempting to explain what
me, you and Elena had discussed involving my family, and klaus, to the Salvatore brothers. May
Odin (though he didn't seem like the kindest person in the 'marvel'? movies we watched after)
have mercy on me.                               

— your dear friend,              E. Mikaelson.

The blonde girl smiled at the note, and looked at the couch on her left, where she spotted her large black bag as he foretold in the paper. She looked inside in the bag,  and found the purple top and wide flared jeans she had indeed forgotten. She smiled before changing out of the stained shirt, and putting on her black converses that she'd found laying near the front door.