good things with dead ends.

✶ 𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 ⌢ good things with dead ends ˇ !

"Wait what?," she mumbled, as Klaus sighed. "I have a few shitty witches to deal with, they stole my brother—kol's coffin." He sighed as she narrowed her eyes. "Don't worry, I'll be here a few days before the next full moon," he spoke as she continued narrowing her eyes.

"It takes you that long to get rid of a couple of witches?," she mumbled as he smiled at her impatience, somehow even her flaws were endearing. "Powerful ones, and you know I need to hunt their families to be fully satisfied. For now I just need the doppelgänger safe until I can come and do this ritual." he sighed as she rolled her eyes but smiled nonetheless.

"Fine. But if you make it any later that that I'll come to New York myself and bury you alive since there aren't any white oak trees from your time available, apparently. And I found out I can't conjure something that doesn't exist so that would be a waste of magic." She threatened, as he stifled a laugh.

"Alright, but going back to what you said earlier about vampires in this town, soon enough news will reach my brother." He sighed as Caroline paused. "What?," she asked as he explained. "Many vampires are running from my family, wether it be betrayal or mere disappointment, so they'll take this as the opportunity to free themselves of us." He spoke with a grin.

He had made many enemies indeed.

"Then there are others who want to get on our good side, and please us. Lastly, ones who seek revenge, I have killed many people and those many people have families who are usually powerful so all the more enemies," he shrugged before drinking a glass of scotch. 

"Although they don't know the sun and moon curse is fake, they still know I want to break it. So, killing a Doppelgänger might just be enough." He finished. she looks down processing his words. "That's your excuse for being too nervous too see me. I see how it is." She flaunts as he chuckles.

"I'd much rather be with you then try to kill some witches' families but you know, duty calls." He shrugs, as she rolled her eyes, but there was a slight flush on her cheeks. "Ah yes, the 'immortal douche bag who has a kill count more than double his lifetime' hotline must be spamming." She smirked as he breathed and his lips parted and he gasped dramatically. "Ouch!," he winced as she laughed. 

"Wait, do you know your actual body count?," she asks as his eyes widened, brows raising at the erratic sudden question. "I don't, I am afraid. Maybe around a few hundred? Most of them were unknown to me personally. And it's been a thousand years. Why?," he smirked, with a slight flirty tone.

"Liar. No way it's just a hundred." She spoke as he paused. maybe it was more? But he was usually drunk. "I just don't fool around too much while sober I suppose," he started as she furrowed her brows and muttered a 'what?' before a gasp left her lips.