lena's mommy issues

✶ 𝔱𝔢𝔫 ⌢ elena's mommy issues ˇ !

Klaus hadn't dreamt properly of her yet. But Caroline had.

Unbeknownst to him, she dreamt of the times of him before he and his family were originals. Albeit after every dream of him she always could never put together what his face looked like, because after she awoke, his image contracts to a blur all of a sudden. And reveries of him are of a blurred face, one so familiar, it hurts her that she doesn't know what he looks like.

Klaus didn't have this problem and saw her as she was, since a thousand years ago she was apparent in his mind and had never left it. He had old paintings of Caroline made back in early fifteen-hundreds, you could catch glimpses of old sketches of her in a few old drawers — since she had been in his mind the second she entered it.

He would only receive dreams of them together, him and the woman who once haunted his mind endlessly, and relentlessly. Images of her rushing off, of them together, sometimes memories of the first reverie he had of her those one thousand years ago. So when he finally received one,  one that was real. An older memory —-one she had, as if he was living in from the sidelines, like a wraith, confusion without a doubt retracted upon his features.

The original's narrowed eyes turned as he took in the sight of the house around him, one he then knew he had never been in, nor seen. His sharp gaze trails around the disorderly house, which looked as though someone had purposely thrown pieces off.

He looks down in front of him to see the glass of shattered frame, the photo staring right up at him albeit the broken glass above it which covered some.  It was a man, and his wife, who klaus deduced looked less than content to be around him, her hands firmly holding what seemed to be a blonde little girl's shoulder, since the glass covered her entirely.

His eyes then land on the two people before him. The same man and woman in the photo, though now it seemed crystal clear that she was not content. They were arguing.

The man seethed, "You do this again? You're useless to me, Elizabeth. Both of you are." his eyes narrowing in anger and his audible tone harsh as the woman next to him stayed still, her eyes blank of any emotion. Bill was about to strike her, but a familiar person stepped in front of the man just before he could, the same figure who had been nothing more than a shadow behind them a mere moment ago.

Klaus's eyes widen as he looked right at her with recognition. "You said — you said that you'd stop doing this." She glared up at the man, her brows furrowed as her mother held her arm to try and pull her back so she doesn't get scathed.

She stared up at him with tears in her livid eyes, as she stood in front of him, a scowl marring her face, replacing the soft smile she usually had. But the man in front of her only glared back. "You came back, and you said you'd stop." She spoke, now in a louder tone, and a look on her face that could only suggest that she was both infuriated and disgusted.