harsh truths bring endless torment

✶ 𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢  ⌢ harsh truths bring endless torment  ˇ !

✶ 𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢 ⌢ harsh truths bring endless torment ˇ !

. . Bonnie grasped Caroline's hand, she looked back for a moment before taking them back to the parking lot, as she then took a long breath once they reached the blonde's car. "The numbers.. Tanner.. what's going on?," Bonnie mumbled with a sigh, running her fingers through her hair, before she noticed Caroline's expression.

bonnie turned looking at the blonde, her watercolour eyes filled with uncertainty. "The feeling you got, you were right. Damon and his brother are vampires," she admitted, leaving the part of what he did to her out. "Holy fucking shit," bonnie uttered, as she blinked and tried and settle the information in her head.

They both got into the car, as Caroline began to drive bonnie quietly back to the witch's house. The blonde girl sighed before speaking. "Hey, you mind if stay at yours for the night? ..I am kind of tired." Caroline spoke, as bonnie paused and nodded, still grasping the blonde's hand as they walked up to sheila's house before bonnie knocked on the door.

Sheila had soon opened the house door, and paused as she stared at the bennett before she hugged her granddaughter, bonnie merely sighed as she reciprocated the short hug before walking up to a room, she too was tired to process things now. After she saw the numbers next to the body, she just felt sick to her stomach.

Caroline sent a small, weak smile to the witch before she went upstairs with her, and laid down, soon falling asleep.

    Caroline soon woke up abruptly, after having one of those dreams again, it was that same medieval guy but this time he had blood all over his clothes, as he held a corpse in his hands - the cruor image startling her so much she awoke. She exhaled a couple of times, sighing as she went downstairs to get some water, only to be welcomed with the sight of the living room light still open and the bennett witch sat on the couch downstairs as if she was waiting for her.

Sheila's face marred an uncertain expression, which was unusual to see on her. "Sheila?.. why are you still up?," she mumbled in a tired tone, as she put the fragile glass of water down.

Sheila didn't speak for a moment before saying, "Is something troubling you Caroline?," the witch asked, as Caroline slightly laughed. The irony of that moment. Caroline only nodded slowly, as she sat down next to her. "..where do I begin?." she sighed. "Sorry, it's just been a ..messy couple of days." She spoke, as the woman nodded, keeping a comforting hand on the blonde's shoulder.

As much as caroline loved Sheila, she wasn't looking for comfort. She was hoping for some answers - she didn't know if they'd hurt. They likely would, and they sure did.

"..Sheila, when I grabbed the vampire, um— my hand became this really bright red and I felt this weird rush of energy, you wouldn't happen to know what that means, would you?," she asked softly, a skeptical look marring her face, as sheila pressed her lips into a thin line.