midnight capturing with the devil

✶ 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 ⌢ midnight capturing with the devil ˇ !

   Caroline now sat down crisscrossed on her bed, as she helped Katherine paint her nails a dark red.

The two women were both slumped down on the blonde's satiny silk bed, with both of their bodies were loosely covered by a thick white blanket. Katherine seemed to pause as she fixed the strap that hung lowly on her silk shirt. Caroline had let Katherine borrow some of her pyjamas, since she had millions, and Katherine looked uncomfortable in leather pants. Only problem was that Katherine was slightly skinnier than Caroline who had a more curvaceous figure, so the silk crop top had hung on her loosely.

But she was comfortable wasn't she? And the blonde had been kind enough to suggest a sleepover, which was something Katherine hadn't experienced since her days in Bulgaria. And those were boring since all the talk was about how noble men were, and how disgusting their mistresses were.

"Oh, yeah I forgot to tell you. I tried telling steffy you showed up but he didn't pay much mine and just got angrier at you." She spoke, turning to Katherine as she closed the nail polish and put it down on her night stand.

Katherine shifted her shoulder, brown curls tumbling down her back as she looked down and grinned, seemingly pleased with the nails.  "I guessed that would happen— oh and thanks for helping with these." Katherine sighed as she leaned her head back on the feather-filled pillow, a small smile plastered on her face.

Caroline reciprocated the smile, her rose tinted lips twitched into her usual bright effervescent smile. "Just because you are my best friend's enemy, doesn't mean you have to be mine." She spoke softly,  before turning to the girl carefully, as she tried not to smudge her matching nails on the pillow.

"Now that we finished these, we should do something before making the cupcakes, so why don't you just rant about what's been bugging you." She spoke, as Katherine paused. "What?," she asked as Caroline rolled her eyes.

"Something—sorry someone is on your mind. Even if I am wrong, you are like five hundred years old, you must've fell in love like at least once." She exaggerated, nudging the girl's arm and giving her a 'don't try and lie,' look.  "Really liked— not stefan and Damon and all that bullshit. Your good at this- but I am being serious." She smiled slightly.

Katherine parted her lips, but Caroline stopped her and took a deep breath, as she narrowed her own severed ocean eyes and seemed to be examining the vampire's. "Yep. Got it. You practically scream, 'too many gullible men had fallen for me, but I only shared those feelings for the one man or well I guess maybe, woman— that I couldn't have." Caroline scoffed, her lips twitching back deceivingly.

Katherine rolled her eyes and was about to object but she paused and realised the blonde's hunch had been a little too accurate.

"Based on that look you have on I am guessing I am right. Now tell meee," she whined, as Katherine rolled her brown eyes and nodded. "Fine, but stop whining." She hummed.