Chapter 42

Chapter 42

    It was only then that Shen Hua realized that in just one afternoon, the previously deserted and dilapidated yard had taken on a completely new look.

    The vegetation in front of the gate has been refurbished, green bamboo and ivy have been planted, the old and simple gate has been painted with new colors, and even the cracked bluestone bricks have been replaced with new ones.

    She stared blankly at Ling Yue pushing open the courtyard door, and subconsciously poked her head out, trying to get a glimpse of the courtyard through the crack of the door, but unfortunately, all she saw was a screen wall of five poisons, and the rest of the arrangement could not be seen clearly.

    Seeing that she was curious, Ling Yue raised the corners of his mouth, tilted his head towards her, and signaled her to go in and have a look.

    Shen Hua's heart was itchy, but she was afraid of being seen by others, so she struggled a lot inwardly, and finally curiosity overcame everything, and she walked in with a very honest body.

    Bypassing the screen wall, you can see the whole picture of the courtyard.

    She thought that this place was as deserted and solemn as the palace, but she didn't expect that there was a training ground in front of her. Under the shade of dense trees, there was a pile of plum blossom piles of different heights, which looked old.

    Next to it is a huge stable, the wooden fence is wide open, and the only red horse inside is sleeping comfortably in the haystack.

    Most horses like to sleep standing up, unless the external environment is enough to make it feel at ease, it will relax its vigilance and lie down to rest.

    The contiguous houses have not been fully renovated, but there are swings under the persimmon trees, and there are shoulder-length stone lions in front of the door.

    Even though there are no carved beams and painted buildings, pavilions, towers and pavilions, and groups of guards and servants in the palace, there is a rare atmosphere of fireworks here.

    Before Shen Wei entered the yard, she was still thinking that Ling Yue bought this yard suddenly on a whim, but seeing Jiuying's relaxed posture, she immediately reacted.

    Compared with the cold palace in the capital, perhaps this place is more like a home to him.

    She couldn't help but turn her head and look at the man beside her. He was wearing a black robe today, but the restrained clothes could not conceal his outstanding and heroic appearance.

    "Uncle, have you lived here before?"

    Ling Yue replied lightly, "I was weak when I was young, and I was taken care of by the master at the White Horse Temple for many years."

    For some reason, although he said it very plainly, Shen Wei still A little thrill was heard from his words. He is the youngest prince of the late emperor, what kind of illness is it that the imperial physicians in the palace are helpless, and he has to live at the foot of this Buddhist temple.

    She was nine years younger than him. Emperor Cheng succeeded to the throne the year she was born. When she was able to walk into the palace, Ling Yue was already tall and straight, like a young man.

    When she was young, she had never heard of the deeds of the young prince, let alone knew that he had been ill.

    However, the courtyards of the two families are still close to each other. Maybe when she came to worship Buddha with her grandmother, he was recuperating next door.