Chapter 21

He laughed at my response and went for it again. I slapped them away more aggressively this time to show I meant business.

He deeply chuckled and stepped away leaving his hands on my waist. I tried with all my might to shove his hands away and squirm out of his deathly grip. He laughed again at my failing attempt.

I kicked him in the crotch and he dropped his hands immediately. I ran away as he doubled over in pain. I grabbed Chloe away from Tyler and Zach running to the bedroom.

"Don't let them get away!" I heard Greg's voice strain obviously in pain.

I heard footsteps closing in behind us as my hand reached for the doorknob. I whipped Chloe in front of me running in after slamming the door behind me. I clicked the lock and kept my hands on the door.

My breathing was heavy and uneven. It may not have been a long run, but being out of shape sure didn't help any.

I turned around quickly scanning the new surroundings.

There was a ratty old bed in the middle of the room against the wall. It had a small bedside table with a simple white lamp placed on it. There was a dresser on the opposite wall directly in front of the bed. I saw a window beside the dresser quickly catching my eye was a tree right outside of it.

I checked the door again, ignoring the pounding and useless attempts of wiggling the knob. I grabbed Chloe's hands and went over to the window unlocking it and sliding it open.

I looked out at the tree and then down. We were about three stories up which appeared a lot taller than it really was.

I turned around to see her shaking her head no and trying to pull away.

"It's either this or that." I said pointing to the door as it started to crack at the top from all the pounding.

"Now hurry if you want a chance to get away."

I pushed her towards the window. She looked at me apprehensively.

"I will be right behind you."

She nodded nervously and sat up on the ledge swinging her legs around. She gulped nervously and reached out towards the branch grabbing it.

She pushed off the window with her legs wrapping them around the branch. She flung herself around upright so she was sitting atop of it looking back at me.

Gymnastics really pays off.

Now it was my turn to be nervous.

I sat up on the ledge swinging my legs around the edge. I was about to grab the branch when I heard a blood curdling scream.

Thanks for reading babes!!!