thirty-two.

❝jesus christ i'm so blue all the time

jesus christ i'm so blue all the time.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

CHARLOTTE AND ELENA SHARED A LOOK AT THE SIGHT OF A NERVOUSLY PACING AMBER. Charlotte eyed the blonde girl with distant concern, raising a brow as Elena took a wary step towards her.

"Are you okay, Amber?"

The girl shook her head. "I– I hate being the center of attention. I get panic attacks."

Charlotte nodded in understanding, pulling her lips up in a small smile. "Do you want some privacy to change?"

"Actually, I'm just– I'm just gonna go get some air." Amber chuckled breathlessly, walking past the twins and shut the door behind her as she disappeared.

Charlotte and Elena shared another look, a degree of understanding passing through them at the girl's obvious nerves. Charlotte wasn't exactly stoked to be under scrutiny for the next few hours, but she had faith in the fact that she wouldn't win. She'd put in minimal effort, and neither her nor Elena had done as much as Caroline, or any of the other girls that could actually still devote care into something as trivial as the Miss Mystic Falls pageant.

Charlotte reached up onto the mirror to grab Elena's blue dress for her, and she startled when she saw Damon's reflection in the mirror. Snapping around, Elena jumped, too, the twins glaring at him briefly.

"Damon," Charlotte swallowed, hand twisting into her own dress still hanging off the mirror. "What's wrong?"

"We need to talk,"

Charlotte frowned, her eyes falling to the door as it swung open, Cory walking in with his suit on and a wary look on his face. "Uh,"

Elena huffed a slight laugh, oblivious to the tension settling in the room. "Does it have to be right now?"

"Normally, I would have a completely different outlook on what I'm about to tell you, but since it could really inconvenience me, I'll squeal."

Elena shook her head confusedly. "What are you talking about?"

"Stefan's still drinking human blood."

Charlotte inhaled sharply, turning her back to Damon as her eyes squeezed shut. She glanced up, meeting Cory's panicked look in the mirror, and she truly contemplated flinging herself out of the window and running off into the woods before the conversation could go any further.

There was a pregnant pause in the room as Elena's face fell, all pretenses of happiness gone. "What?"

Damon nodded. "Yeah. A month ago I would've rejoiced, but with the Council back on the alert, it is not a good time for Stefan to fly off the handle."