twenty-five.

❝if i'm being honest

if i'm being honest.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

CHARLOTTE TRIED TO SPARE MORE ATTENTION FOR THE RIDICULOUSLY EMBARRASSING BACHELOR'S CONTEST, BUT CORY WAS MAKING IT HARD. He wouldn't stop providing his entirely inappropriate and unnecessary commentary on every single man introduced on the stage, and it didn't help that she was a teenage girl sitting amidst a bar full of single women her mom's age, who appeared to be shameless in their desire.

"Oh, ew, a plumber? So, he's got the money, sure, but his hair is obviously thinning, he's definitely a divorcee, and he probably smells like actual shit. None of that is worth it."

Charlotte groaned softly, choking on another badly muffled laugh as she tried to ignore Cory's comments. "Oh, my god, you're horrible. You are a horrible person, Cory."

Cory smirked amusedly at her, sipping on his drink that smelled so strongly of whiskey it almost threatened to burn Charlotte's nostrils. "Well, look who's next. Mystic Falls' very own–"

"Oh, goddon't–"

"Alaric Saltzman, aka alcoholic teacher with dodgy past, and a keen interest in our resident sunshine's sexy Aunt Jenna–"

"Ew!"

"Personally, I can't get down with the sad eyes he's got going on, not to mention the constant 5 o'clock shadow that makes him look like he was born beneath an overpass, but I digress. I think we all know that Jenna has questionable taste."

Charlotte held a firm hand over her mouth to hide her grin when Damon's light eyes shot to her, his gaze twinkling with amusement, and she instinctively shot a hand out to push at Cory's ribs. "Stop that, someone's going to hear you,"

"I wish someone would hear me, I'm hilarious. Maybe a talent scout will overhear, and I'll get a ticket straight to Hollywood, Charlie." Cory takes another sip of his drink, looking at her with wide eyes. "Don't worry, I'll take you with me. You can be my manager, and I'll skyrocket us both into a world of fame and money. We'll have it made, Charles."

"Do not start calling me Charles again, Cory," Charlotte couldn't help but snort, rapping her knuckles against the table they were seated at, watching the spectacle of the contest play out. "You wouldn't ditch me for fame?"

Cory hums, shaking his head. "Couldn't do it without you to keep me from killing snippy blondes with daddy issues, or telling your sister she's stupid, you know?"

"You have such a way with words. That Hollywood dream is looking realer by the second, honestly,"

Cory chuckles, eyes shifting back to the stage again as Alaric fumbled around his question, and Mrs. Lockwood moved onto Damon.