one.

❝it is essential❞─── ・ 。゚☆: *

it is essential
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

DAMON,

My mother always told me that if love was easy, it was right. Loving you is the easiest thing I've ever done, yet I'm the only one that seems to think it's right. Everybody says that you're bad for me, and I know you believe them, but I know better. I know you better than they do, and you're saving me as much as I am, you. 

Love is essential. It is part of who we are as a species, it's what fills the cracks of the Earth that have been torn apart by hate, and every bad thing in the universe. You don't think you're capable of love, but I know you are. I see it all the time.

You protect Stefan, even when you pretend to hate him. You help Elena, even though you say you don't care. I see it when you look at me. The way it shines in your eyes, like all of the constellations I point out to you at night.

I've tried to write this a hundred times, but I always end up throwing it away. I thought that telling you this through a letter would be easier than saying it to your face, but it's not. I want to see you, I want to see your face when I tell you all of these things. I want to be able to touch you, and feel you, because I know that it will make all of my fear go away. You always remind me that I'm human, that I'm fragile and breakable, but I feel invincible when I'm with you.

I feel stupid for wanting to do this right now with everything going on, but why wait for a moment of peace we might never get? I'd rather love you through the battles we fight, knowing that it's going to be okay. Knowing would make all of this so much easier. 

I want you to kiss me like you did all those weeks ago, when you were trying so hard not to. I wish you would've done it again right then and there, but I know why you didn't. You think I'm better off without you, but I'm not. I wouldn't even be here today if it weren't for you. And no matter how long it takes, I'm going to make sure that you know that. I'm going to make sure you believe nothing else, except for the fact that I am who I am because you love me, and I love you.

I need to tell you this to your face. I'm going to find you and tell you that I love you. Because once we have this, we can have anything. You made me believe that. 

I love you, Damon Salvatore. I can't wait to tell you. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

author's note; AHHHHH here we go again y'all. don't worry, the entire book isn't going to be in first person, i just needed to introduce charlotte like this because it's important :) so so excited for you guys to read this one, it means a lot to me. 

published; 10.11.21. 

- liz