three.

❝icarus, meet sun❞─── ・ 。゚☆: *

icarus, meet sun
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"CHARLIE, I NEED YOU TO COME WITH ME SO I CAN KISS STEFAN."

Charlotte raised a brow at her sister's entrance, her eyes narrowing as she leaned forward towards Elena. "Did you get into Jeremy's stash? Because I thought we agreed that we wouldn't do drugs without one another."

Elena huffed, rolling her eyes as she drug her sister up from the park bench and towards her car. "Caroline got into my head about Stefan, and I think I need to make a move on him before he finds someone better, but I psyched myself out and I need your moral support."

Charlotte laughed, allowing Elena to pull her along. "Okay, so what's the plan? I know we're technically best friends, but that does not mean I have any interest in your physical relationships."

"Just– just come with me and be nearby, and I will channel some of your confidence through our super-special twin powers, okay?"

"I thought we stopped telling people we had twin powers in sixth grade."

"Well, they're back." Elena slumped into the passenger seat as Charlotte pulled away from the curb, her eyes watchful of the many pedestrians on the street.

It didn't take long for the twins to end up at the Salvatore Boarding House, and Charlotte found herself in awe at the sight of its grand structures. Parking the car in the driveway, Charlotte pocketed her keys and turned to look at Elena sympathetically.

"Hey, Elena?"

Her twin raised a thin brow, silently urging her on.

"Stefan won't find better than you." Charlotte flicked her sister's arm softly, smiling at the gratitude that shone in her eyes. "You're a catch, okay? I mean it, seriously. If you weren't, you wouldn't have Matt and Stefan pining after you, you know? And I mean this with the utmost respect for you, but if he was my type, I wouldn't hesitate to pounce on Stefan. It's too bad I like them tall, dark, and emotionally unstable."

Elena huffed a slightly miserable laugh at the mention of her ex-boyfriend, and the dig at Charlotte's own ex-boyfriend. "Yeah, I guess,"

"I don't guess, I know. And everything I say is right because I'm a total genius."

"You're an academic genius, Charlotte," Elena laughed at her sister as they got out of the car, approaching the extravagant looking front door. "And that's only in the state of Virginia."

"Well, I am changing the parameters of my genius card, okay? What I say goes."

Elena shook her head as she rang the doorbell, brows furrowing slightly at the old-timey mechanics of the house.