seventeen.

❝light the match

light the match.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"SO, HOW'D HE ROPE YOU IN?"

"My sister is dating his brother," Charlotte taps her fingers on the bar, the heat in her chest slowly dwindling as she relaxed. "Somehow we've managed a friendship."

Bree gives her a reproachful look, a smirk on her lips. "Oh, honey, you can never be just friends with this one. Once you're in, you're in for good."

Charlotte huffs a laugh as Damon shifts beside her, and she sits back in her seat. "How did you two meet?"

"College," Bree chuckles, pouring another drink.

"I have a hard time believing you went to college,"

Damon sniffs, lifting his drink to his mouth. "I've been on a college campus, just not necessarily for my education."

"That's more like it," Charlotte nods, her tone full of dry amusement.

"About twenty years ago, when I was a sweet, young freshman, I met this beautiful man and I fell in love. And then he told me about his little secret, made me love him even more," Bree gave Charlotte an adoring, but slightly sarcastic look. "Because, you see, I had a little secret of my own that I was dying to share with somebody."

Damon slides over, leaning in dramatically towards Charlotte. "She's a witch,"

Realization dawns on Charlotte and she looks back at the bartender with an understanding look. At least now she understood why Damon wanted to ask her about the tomb.

"You changed my world, you know," Bree shook her head, a nostalgic tone to her voice.

"I rocked your world,"

Bree laughed in agreement, lifting another shot up to her lips. "He is good in the sack, isn't he?"

Heat flooded Charlotte's face and she pressed her hands to her cheeks, giving Damon a weak glare as he laughed softly at her reaction.

"But, mostly, he's just a Walkaway-Joe," Bree slammed the shot back, her eyes flashing with bitterness as she briefly turned around to put a bottle back. She faced him once again, a knowing glint in her eyes as Damon sighed. "So, what is it that you want?"

Charlotte slid off her seat, turning to lay a hand on Damon's arm. "Can I have your phone? I'm gonna call Elena back and check in on her."

Damon nodded and handed her his phone, and she gave him a grateful smile before she walked away, heading out the door they'd entered through barely half an hour ago.