four.

❝a newfound danger❞─── ・ 。゚☆: *

a newfound danger
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, DAMON?"

Charlotte stopped in front of the man, quirking a brow at him as his piercing stare snapped down to her. She cocked a hip, unwavering beneath his glare.

Very quickly realizing she wouldn't leave him alone, Damon unfolded his arms and sighed at the girl. "What, I'm not allowed to participate in the festivities?"

"It is a public event and a once in a lifetime phenomena," She concedes, earning a smug smirk from the man. "But you don't seem like the type to enjoy an innocent night out, gazing at the stars. Let alone adding the general public into that mixture, it just doesn't scream 'Damon' to me."

He huffed, though couldn't stop the amusement from shining in his eyes. "You're not totally wrong, I guess."

She hummed, smiling up at him. "So, you're just here to inflict emotional torture on Elena again?"

"I didn't inflict torture," He scoffed incredulously.

"You made her question her entire existence, and Stefan's, but go on,"

"I was only telling her the truth. Stefan has a lot of emotional baggage, and Elena doesn't need to be dragged into it. She's a," He rolls his shoulders back, seemingly uncomfortable. "Sweet girl. And my brother tends to, uh,"

"Ruin that?"

Damon shrugs, looking away momentarily. His dark brows furrow at the perky blonde burning holes into Charlotte's back. "Who's the angry blonde trying to bury you with her eyes?"

Charlotte frowned, looking over her shoulder. A smile grew on her face at the sight of Caroline standing across the way, and she lifted a hand in a wave, getting a reluctant nod back from the blonde before she disappeared into the crowd again.

"That's just Caroline," Charlotte turned back to Damon, already finding his eyes on her. "She's my friend from school."

"Do your friends usually glare at you from ten feet away?"

"You'd be surprised, actually." Charlotte chuckles, tilting her head slightly. "But, uh, I get it. The whole Stefan and Elena thing, that is. I want to keep Elena safe from any hurt, including emotional. But I also want her to have a normal life, which hasn't been so easy for her after these past few months. And if Stefan is the key to her happiness, however long or short, then I support them, and you should, too."

Damon seemed to contemplate her words for a moment before he heaved a sigh, rolling his eyes away from the curly haired Gilbert. His eyes drifted to where Elena was still handing out flyers for the comet, and a new plan formed in his mind, automatically making him smirk. "Maybe you're right."