bonus

16 years ago.

LO'AK AND KIRI went out to a village party. Kxilyä decided to stay behind. She never really liked partys.

But it was a bit boring without her friends here. Neteyam was there to keep her company though, so she wasn't complaining.

Her and Neteyam were sat in silence in the darkness, the only sounds being the laughter and music coming from the heart of the town.

Kxilyä didn't trust that Lo'ak and Kiri wouldn't do anything stupid.

Lo'ak was too easily influenced into doing things, and Kiri just did whatever Lo'ak did, so that causes a mountain of chaos.

The two have grown closer after the battle, bonding over Kiri's new obsession to be reckless. They cause a lot of trouble now.

And while she was thinking about them, they appeared from the docks, giggling to eachother.

Lo'ak stumbled, barely catching himself on the doorframe. Kxilyä stood, confused.

' Kxilyä! ' Lo'ak erupted, waking up the rest of the family. Kxilyä slammed her hand over his mouth, shaking her head.

Kiri fell against the wall, still giggling like a child.

Lo'ak licked the inside of Kxilyä's hand, a giant smirk on his face once she pulled her hand away.

' Really? ' Kxilyä grumbled, wiping her hand off on his chest.

' Lo'ak? Kiri? What are you doing coming back so late? ' Jake spoke as he sat up, rubbing his eyes.

Lo'ak fell against Kxilyä, wrapping his arms around her. Kxilyä caught a wind of his scent, which smelled sour and strong, like alcohol.

' Are you drunk? ' Kxilyä spat, attempting to push him away.

Neteyam blinked his eyes open, taking in the situation. He grumbled, walking over to Kiri.

' Just a lil' bit. ' Lo'ak slurred, as his hands rested around Kxilyä's waist, pulling her closer.

Kxilyä cringed at the smell of alcohol reeking off his skin, looking to Neteyam for help.

What do you want me to do? Neteyam mouthed, pulling Kiri up from the ground.

Kxilyä sighed, as Lo'ak rested his head in the indent between her neck and her shoulder, humming.

Jake stood, letting out a breath. ' Can you put him to sleep, Kxilyä? '

Kxilyä hummed in response, nodding. She took his hands off of her waist, as he whined in response. Kxilyä rolled her eyes, pulling him towards the make-shift bed.

' You're so cute when you do that. ' Lo'ak smiled, allowing himself to be dragged.

' Oh, am I? ' Kxilyä spoke to him like he was a child, patting his shoulder. She attempted to usher him down towards the bed, but was only pushed into the wall, feeling him grip tightly onto her waist.

' I want you. ' Lo'ak growled, nipping at her ear. His words sent butterflies up her stomach, but she pushed it down, her eyes widening.

She glanced to Jake, who gave her a disapproving look. Neytiri suppressed a giggle.

Kxilyä felt his hands tingle up her waist, before she snapped back into reality, pushing him away.

' No you don't. You're drunk. ' Kxilyä grumbled. ' You don't know what you want. '

' I know very well what I want. ' Lo'ak rasped, his smirk only growing.

' How's about we go for a walk, hmm? ' Kxilyä raised her eyebrows, pushing away the hand that tried to grip around her once more.

' A walk sounds great. ' Lo'ak slurred, his tail wagging.

Kxilyä rubbed her eyes, pulling Lo'ak's arm as they walked towards the door of the Marui.

' No funny buisness! ' Jake called as they stepped out. Lo'ak laughed, stumbling forward.

Kxilyä caught him, steadying his elbow.

' Skxwang. ' Kxilyä hissed, slapping his shoulder.

' Ow! ' Lo'ak cried, but didn't have enough time as Kxilyä pushed him forward again.

' Smarten up. Getting drunk and acting this way isn't smart, and you know that. ' She scowled, and Lo'ak slowly frowned. ' You are older now. You have responsibilities. '

' Sorry mom. ' Lo'ak muttered.

' What was that? ' Kxilyä demanded, ' Sorry, I didn't hear you. '

' Sorry! ' He repeated, his eyes widening slightly at her stern tone.

Kxilyä narrowed her eyes, but her shoulders dropped. ' Get some sleep. Sober up, okay? '

Lo'ak nodded once, his lips turned into a frown. Kxilyä cocked her head toward the Marui, and Lo'ak sheepishly walked past her. She turned her head to look at him softly stumbling toward the Marui, and shook her head with a sigh.

( poor loak bro )

( hai I'm here to make a surprise appearance 🤞 this book is mega cringy and it was my like second book ever written so excuse how bad the writing was, this was originally a draft about a month after I finished this book but I decided to finish this draft and post it because why not? the views r going up since avatar was released to Disney, so 🤷‍♀️ )

( anyway bye forever now I'm no longer associating myself w this book )

- author