26

' OKAY, WE HAVE to go! ' Kiri called from the water. Kxilyä nodded, turning back towards the ship. It was surrounded by multiple metkayina on Ilu, aswell as Jake beside them.

' What are they doing here?! ' Kxilyä turned to the group, ' they are going to lead themselves into a death trap! '

Lo'ak stepped up. ' We didn't know what else to do. '

' I- ' Kxilyä started, but was cut off her eyes landed on multiple submarine-machines surrounding the Tulkun. ' Oh, shit. '

' What? What is it? ' Netetam furrowed his eyebrows.

' Get off the tulkun. ' She ushered Lo'ak towards the edge, pulling Spiders arm.

' Why?- ' Lo'ak started, but she only pushed him into the water. Kxilyä pulled Tsireya's arm, watching as Neteyam and Ao'nung jumped into the water with no protest.

' Hey, Kxilyä- ' Tsireya begun. Kxilyä shook her head.

' Not now. ' she spoke simply, ' we have to focus on this before we deal with all that. What matters is to keep everybody alive. '

Tsireya nodded. Kxilyä jumped into the water, snapping her head around to look for the rest of the group. She called an Ilu, grasping onto the handle, while Tsireya swam over towards Neteyam and Ao'nung

She swam silently towards the rest of the group, resting behind the cloack of corals. Slowly, the area went silent, with nothing but the sounds of the Ilu's clicking. Her eyes scanned the area around them, noticing that the machines had dissapaeared.

Kxilyä narrowed her eyes, adjusting her grip on the handle, before she was shone with a blinding light. The whirrs of the machine stared infront of her, while the machines arm reached out to her and the Ilu.

She directed the Ilu away, swimming deeper into the coral. Leaf-like plants whacked into her, but she only tightened her grip on the handle. Lo'ak appeared beside her, following the two into the mixture of plants. Lo'ak reached a hand out, gaining her attention, before he pointed to the air pocket just above them.

Kxilyä nodded, redirecting the Ilu towards it. She took in a gasp of air, holding herself up on the branch above her. Lo'ak appeared behind them soon after, letting go of the Ilu, as he swam towards her. His hand rested on her elbow, as he held her up out of the water.

' Are you okay? ' he whispered, his eyebrows furrowing.

' Yeah. I'm just still recovering. ' she spoke softly, holding onto Lo'aks arm. Lo'ak nodded. Kxilyä snapped her attention towards the light shining onto the air pocket. ' We have to go. '

' Wait- ' Lo'ak stopped her, ' I just need you to know. I didnt want to kiss Tsireya. She kissed me, against my will. ' he breathed out.

Kxilyä stuttered. ' What? ' was all she could manage.

' Yes. ' his hand raised, resting on her cheek. ' I love you. And only you. '

She stared into his eyes. She wasn't sure how to respond. All this time, and he hadn't cheated on her? All this hatred she felt was for nothing?

' Kxilyä? Can you say something? ' Lo'ak pleaded.

' I..' she started, ' Can we deal with all of this later? We have to leave, anyways. '

Lo'ak hesitated, but nodded. ' Do you need help? ' Lo'ak's grip tightened on her arm.

' No. I'm fine. ' Kxilyä pulled her arm away, ' Lets just go. '

She took in a deep breath, before diving back into the water. The Ilu from before still stalked around them, as Kxilyä called it. The Ilu turned, swimming over towards her.