10

NETEYAM, KXILYÄ AND Lo'ak rode their Ikran over the scene of fire, as multiple Na'vi letting out crys, and rummaging through boxes.

' We have got to go down there! ' Lo'ak called, as Kxilyä gave him a confused look and shook her head.

' No way! Dad would skin us! ' Neteyam cried, as he held his grip tighter on his Ikran.

' Cmon, don't be a wuss! ' He chuckled before turning his Ikran, flying down towards the fire. Kxilyä let out a laugh, following behind Lo'ak.

' Oh you- ' Neteyam groaned in frustration, before following behind.

Kxilyä landed in the center of the fire, Kxia flying off away from the scene infront of them, as Kxilyä ran towards Lo'ak.

' Cmon, take it and hurry! ' One of the Na'vi yelled over the commotion, throwing a gun towards Lo'ak. Lo'ak let out a series of howls, cocking the guns safety.

' You don't even know how to use it. ' Neteyam stared blankly at him, and was surprised when another Na'vi threw a gun towards him. He caught it, holding it towards the ground since he was unsure how to use it.

' Dad taught me! ' Lo'ak exclaimed, ' And besides, even if I didn't, the more hands the better right? '

' You are unbelievable. ' Kxilyä scoffed, snatching the gun out of his grasp. She inspected it, identifying it to be a MK-47. She'd heard things about this gun growing up, especially from Jake who had a special interest in guns, specifically the MK-47.

' Hey! ' Lo'ak protested, swinging his hand to take it back, but Kxilyä only pulled it away. She slung it around her back, smiling as Lo'ak huffed at her.

' Take cover! ' A Na'vi yelled out. Kxilyä looked up, to hear the whistle of a missile hurdling towards them. Before she could yell out to Neteyam and Lo'ak, it hit the ground. Kxilyä was thrown to the ground by the impact of the blast, her ears piercing with the ringing that followed.

The screams of her people around her were only a blur, as she felt a piercing pain in her leg. She cried out, pushing herself up as she looked around. She pulled herself away from the crowd, a sob breaking through her body as a sharp pain shot through her.

Kxilyä looked down to her leg, finding it impaled by a piece of metal. Slowly, the ringing in her ears subsided, as she heard Jake's voice calling out.

' Neteyam, Lo'ak! ' He called, his voice breaking. Jake jumped up onto the now broken train, that lay on its side, his eyes scanning the clearing.

When they landed on Kxilyä, he sucked in a breath, jumping off and running towards her. She heaved for air, but every breath she took shot another seize of pain through her body. Her face cringed, as Jake had a panicked look on his face.

Jake's ears pinned to the sides of his head, his eyebrows furrowed. ' Shit! ' He yelled over the commotion, before picking Kxilyä up carefully.

' You'll be okay. You have to. ' Jake said in a panic, running over towards the family. He called his Ikran, as it showed up beside them.

When Lo'ak saw Kxilyä, he immediately blew out a sigh of relief, before his eyes laid on her wound. He went frigid, and turned pale, as he ran towards them.

' What happened!? ' He shouted, panic swelling in his chest. He heaved for air, unable to breath properly, as he gripped her hand. Kxilyä moaned in pain, as his grip tightened, Lo'aks knuckles turning white as he walked with Jake.

' Let go! ' Jake yelled, ' I have to bring her back to the village. '

Lo'ak hesitated, tears clouding his vision, before he reluctantly let go. Jake immediately jumped onto his Ikran, as they flew off.

All Lo'ak could feel was guilt. He had convinced them into this situation. His lungs screamed for air, as sobs ripped out of his throat. He staggered backwards, before Neytiri caught him.

Neytiri hugged him tightly, her arms wrapped around him. ' She'll be okay, Lo'ak. ' She whispered, as Lo'ak leaned into her.

He didn't know how to feel. If anything happened to Kxilyä, he didn't know how he could move on from that. The guilt would have swallowed him alive.

He gasped for air, his body seeming to have given up on himself.

' Come on, we'll go see her. ' Neytiri ushered, jumping onto her Ikran as she held Lo'ak infront of her. They flew towards home tree, and all he could think about was what he would do without Kxilyä.

He spent almost every waking hour with her, and she was his main support system. Without her, he didn't not know how he could survive. Within minutes, they reached home tree, as he jumped off the Ikran and ran towards the healing hut.

His eyes scanned the clearing, before landing on his grandmother with Kxilyä, and he ran towards them. He fell to his knees, inspecting Kxilyä's wound. Mo'at cleaned the wound with a substance, as Kxilyä let out a painful scream, the substance shooting sharp pain through her body.

Lo'ak winced, as he gripped her hand, kissing the back of her knuckles as tears streamed down his face. The metal looked intimidating, the blood leaking down into the bedding underneath her. Kxilyä looked pale.

' We have to get the metal out. Kxilyä, this is going to hurt a lot, but you have to stay still. ' Mo'at said in a panic, her hands resting on the piece of metal. Kxilyä nodded, her hand squeezing Lo'aks.

The family surrounded her, with Neytiri and Jake watching from afar, and Neteyam beside Lo'ak. Tuk and Kiri were on her left.

' Okay. ' Mo'at nodded, her grip tightening on the piece of metal. Kxilyä took in a breath, as Mo'at roughly pulled the metal out of her skin.

She let out a screech in pain, her back arching as the pain coursed through her. It was like nothing else she'd ever experienced.

The blinding pain continued, blood spilling out her wound. She felt weak, and faint. Mo'at grabbed bandages, tying up the wound.

Kxilyä felt like she was going to puke, before blood spat out her mouth. She picked up her hand weakly, touching her fingers to her lips as she inspected the blood.

Kxilyä looked frantically at Lo'ak, her eyes searching his. ' Lo'ak, I.. ' She stared, before her vision went completely white, and into darkness.