17

disclaimers ; suggestive scene ish

THEY HAD BEEN looking for Kiri for 10 minutes. For all they knew, Kiri could be dead at the bottom of the ocean by now.

They split into groups, Lo'ak, Kxilyä, and Tsireya looking at one area, and Aonung, Neteyam, and Roxto looking in another. Tuk went back into the village to tell the parents about Kiri going missing.

By now, Kxilyä was panicking. Kiri was nowhere to be found.

They'd strayed away close to the end of the reef, Tsireya looking deep in the coral.

In the side of Kxilyä's eye, she saw movement, as she snapped her head towards it.

It was Kiri, riding an Ilu and inspecting the marine-life with no care in her mind. She grabbed Lo'aks arm underwater, pointing to Kiri.

As they swam up to the surface, Lo'ak groaned in frustration. ' So all this time we've been looking for her she's been off having the time of her life? '

She shushed him, ' Let's just go get her. ' Kxilyä tugged on his arm, diving her head into the water. Tsireya was already there with Kiri, watching as Kiri effortlessly rode with the Ilu.

Tsireya smiled, making a sound in her throat that sounded like clicking. An Ilu turned the corner, swimming towards her as she held onto the handle, following Kiri.

Kxilyä admired her beauty, the soft curls that flowed in the water. She smiled at Kiri, who's eyes landed on Lo'ak and Kxilyä, redirecting the Ilu towards them.

She stuck her head out of the water, breathing in the fresh air as Kiri sat with her Ilu against the water.

' You can't run off like that! ' Lo'ak splashed her with water, as she gasped at him. His face turned from stern, to laughing, as she sent a wave towards him. Kiri jumped off of her Ilu, as the two circled in the water, tackling eachother.

Tsireya broke the surface with the Ilu shortly afterwards, smiling as she watched the two fight eachother. ' Do they always do that? ' she asked Kxilyä.

' Yeah, pretty much. It happens a lot with this family. ' Kxilyä laughed, before she was cut off by Lo'ak splashing her with a wave of water.

Her ears pinned back, as water dripped down her face. ' Did you really have to do that? '

He laughed.

' We should get back. ' Tsireya looked into the sky, seeing the blue had turned into a light orange. ' It's getting late. '

Kxilyä nodded. ' We can ride with the Ilu to get home faster. ' she suggested.

' Yeah, good idea. Do you want to go with Kiri? ' Tsireya looked over to Kiri, and she smiled and nodded. Kxilyä shrugged, watching as Kiri found the Ilu she had been riding earlier.

Kiri directed the Ilu to beside Kxilyä, as she slipped onto the back of the Ilu, holding onto Kiri's shoulders. Lo'ak pulled himself into the Ilu behind Tsireya, his hands resting on her waist.

Tsireya smiled softly, her blush visible for a split second. Kxilyä cringed, a feeling of jealousy coarsing through her body.

She had no reason to be jealous. But apart of her was.

But her thoughts were only cut off by Kiri diving into the water with the Ilu, the strong current pushing her backwards. She gripped tighter, as they made their way back to the village.

It didn't take long to reach the village, since the reef was relatively small. When they reached the shore, she jumped off the Ilu, and landed on the sandy beach. By now, the sky was more of a pink-purple, the sun resting just over the horizon.