04

AS THEY RAN through the forest, Kxilyä couldn't help but enjoy the moment. She never felt like this with anyone else. With Lo'ak, and the forest, she felt complete, and like this was what she was meant to do.

It was easy with Lo'ak. She didn't have to pretend to be someone else, or hide parts of her. She could be herself. She could show him her vulnerable sides.

And as she jumped from one branch to another, she held hands with Lo'ak so they were never lost from eachother. It was nighttime by the time they had decided to go back.

It was a bad habit of losing track of time for the two. By the time they had finished their conversation about some drama and gossip at Hometree, they had realized the sun had begun setting, and they had to be back by nightfall.

And so, they weaved through the difficult forest, laughing as Lo'ak tripped on a rock, and as they splashed through the water.

' Cmon, hurry up! ' Kxilyä pulled him behind her.

' You're too fast, slow down! ' He panted, struggling to keep up with the girl. She laughed.

Once they reached Hometree, they were lost in conversation about the latest 'gossip' as Tuk likes to call it. Didn't know where she got that from, but she insists on using it. So she did, despite feeling cringy every time she used it.

' No, wait, did you hear- ' Kxilyä started, before she was cut off.

' Hi! ' Eikzä exclaimed, landing on the platform beside them. Her tail lashed faintly behind her, as a giant smile appeared on her face. Her soft curls brisked on her shoulder with the wind.

' Oh. Hi, Eikzä. ' Lo'ak said numbly. Kxilyä mumbled a faint hello.

' Where were you? ' She tilted her head as she asked her question. Her eyes flicked back and forth from Lo'ak and Kxilyä. Lo'ak and Kxilyä gave eachother a look.

' Just exploring, you know? ' He shrugged. Eikzä nodded.

' Do you want to go to Pongu Pongu? Me and a couple others are going. You can come too, Kxilyä! ' She said happily.

( a/n: im reading if na'vi drink alcohol and google is saying there's something called pongu pongu, meaning party party, but I can't find if its just a place in the avatar theme park or if its actually something in pandora. so I'm just going to say it is lol )

' Uh, sure, why not? ' He shrugged his shoulders, looking to Kxiyä. She hesitated, but nodded her head. Lo'ak was happy to have her clarification. No matter what, he always looked to see if she agreed, if she was laughing at the same joke, even when she was not in the room. It was a small habit of his.

' Okay, we're going now. ' She smiled, as she grabbed Lo'ak's hand and led him through the bushes. Kxilyä felt a twinge of jealousy in her chest. But why? Her eyebrows furrowed as she reluctantly followed them. Lo'ak looked back at her, his face pleading.

She shrugged her shoulders, ' What do you want me to do? ' she mouthed. He let out a low grumble. They walked through home tree, making their familiar path. She went to Pongu Pongu often, mostly with Yorì and Palla, her two best friends. They've been distant lately, but she was unsure on why.

Jake and Neytiri did not know she goes to Pongu Pongu, and she plans on keeping it that way. As they came closer to the small 'booth' as you could call it, the loudness of tonights party erupted. She walked up to the booth, asking for a drink as the woman smiled and quickly made it, handing it towards her. It was a fruit mixture, mixed with Yova fruit and some weird drink. It was like alcohol for the sky people.

She took a small sip of it, her eyes flickering across the crowd of people. She wasn't sure who she was looking for, but they landed on Palla and Yorì, laughing as they were lost in conversation. She felt herself light up, as she parted through the crowd towards them.