epilogue

17 years later.

' GIVE IT BACK! ' the boy exclaimed, as he chased after his sister.

' Catch me first! ' the girl giggled, jumping up a branch.

' Taeä! ' the boy groaned, following her up the branch. ' Dad, tell Taeä to give me my knife back! '

Lo'ak watched, a smile spread across his face. ' Taeä, come down and give your brother his knife back. ' Taeä shook her head, her feet planted on the tree above. ' Don't make me get your mother. '

Taeä rolled her eyes, as she jumped down onto the platform. She threw the knife towards the boy, her tail lashing behind her.

' You're such a wimp, Pxäya! ' Taeä grumbled, walking over her mother by the fire.

Kxilyä flipped the piece of meat resting on the fire, turning to cook the other side. She gently stroked the  hair of her toddler, Zovi, as the toddler was sleeping against her.

Right now, they had three children. 16, 15 and 3. Taeä crouched down beside her mother, roughly sitting down onto the ground.

Kxilyä smiled, tucking a piece of Taeä's hair behind her ear. Taeä hissed, moving away.

Kxilyä frowned, her head tilting. ' What's wrong? ' she spoke softly.

' I don't want to talk about it. ' Taeä grumbled, as her eyes moved towards Lo'ak and Pxäya talking in the distance.

' You can talk to me, Taeä. Whatever is bothering you I want to know, so I can help you fix it. ' Kxilyä whispered.

Taeä hesitated, before sighing. ' It's this boy. He's giving me mixed signals. I don't know what to do. '

' Okay, ' Kxilyä started, fixing her posture, ' Tell him straight up. Tell him that you want to know if he's in it or not. '

Taeä nodded, looking back up to her mother. ' Can I go see him? '

Kxilyä smiled, nodding.

Taeä's gaze landed on a lovebite resting on Kxilyä's collarbone. ' Mom! ' Taeä scoffed, her head shaking.

' What? ' Kxilyä exclaimed, a smirk tugging on her lips, ' What can I say? Your old mom's still got it. ' Kxilyä laughed.

' Yes, she does. ' Lo'ak spoke from behind them. Pxäya sat down on the other side of the fire, playing with a piece of his hair. Kxilyä smiled, looking up at Lo'ak.

He sat down behind her, his hands reaching her around as he stroked Zovi's cheek. Zovi blinked her eyes open, her ears pricking up. She jumped out of her lap, suddenly full of energy.

' You woke her up. ' Kxilyä grumbled. Lo'ak let out a laugh, his hands resting on her waist. He placed a kiss on her neck, before resting his head on her shoulder.

' Gross. ' Pxäya mumbled, as he adverted his gaze.

' Oh, it's gross, is it? ' Lo'ak smiled, as he placing eager kisses on Kxilyä's lips. Kxilyä laughed, pushing him away.

' Dad! ' Pxäya exclaimed, covering Zovi's eyes. Taeä rolled her eyes.

' I'm going now. ' Taeä looked to her mother. Kxilyä nodded, watching as she jumped up a branch and walked off.

' Where does she get to go?! ' Pxäya exclaimed, his eyebrows furrowed. Kxilyä shrugged, turning her attention back towards the pieces of meat she was cooking. ' That's not fair! Why can't I go out? '

' What do you want to go out for? ' Kxilyä spoke as she looked back up. Lo'ak's hand tingled along her waist, making it hard to concentrate on the conversation.