25

' NOW THAT WE have a new asset, it'll be much easier to get advantage points on them. ' Quaritch announced, leaning against the table.

' Just because you have an Ikran doesn't mean that you are magically better. We've been training with our Ikran for years. ' Kxilyä spoke, suppressing a laugh.

' Sure, but still. ' Quaritch countered. Kxilyä raised her hands in defeat. ' And they do not know we have one. '

' I mean, we could have two if you just let me- ' Kxilyä stood up.

' No! Absolutely not. You've been asking all week and it's a no. '  Quaritch shut her down, rubbing his eyes.

Kxilyä groaned in frustration, falling back against the wall. She'd been asking to simply see Kxia, but Quaritch had deemed it to be too risky.

Spider stood awkwardly beside her. He had been quiet lately. Kxilyä turned to him, tapping his shoulder.

' Are you okay? ' she whispered, as Quaritch continued on explaining to the small group around the table.

' Fine. ' he responded plainly. Kxilyä raised her eyebrows, as he only sighed. ' I'm fine. ' he repeated.

' Okay. If you say so. ' Kxilyä leaned back.

' Kxilyä? Spider? ' Quaritch called, as she snapped her attention back to the table. ' Come here. '

Kxilyä pushed off the wall, walking up. ' What is it? '

' We're going to show you how the Tulkun expeditions work. ' Quaritch explained. ' You two stay in here. Watch that screen. '

Kxilyä jumped onto the table, crossing her legs while her eyes fixated on the screen. It turned on, showing a body camera for someone she assumed was one of the scientists. On the other screen, it showed the body camera for one of the people in a weird machines.

' What are those? ' She pointed to the underwater machines.

' They are kind of like submarines. But more advanced. ' Spider explained, jumping up on the table beside her.

She turned, staring blankly. ' I dont know what a submarine is, Spider. '

' Oh. They are just underwater boats. ' He clarified. Kxilyä slowly nodded, turning her attention back to the screen. The people in the submarine were muttering in english. ' What are they saying? '

' They are talking about what their plan is. They've singled out a tulkun, and have put a tracker in it. ' Spider leaned against his hands.

' Why are they putting a tracker in it? ' She furrowed her eyebrows, ' What do you mean they've singled out a tulkun? '

' Its sickening, but they do this thing where they.. kill tulkun and harvest something valuable from them. In the tulkuns brain. They say it can stop human aging. ' Spider explained.

' Thats horrible. ' Kxilyä whispered, sitting up properly. The camera zoomed in on the tulkun, and showed multiple Na'vi around the tulkun. Her eyes narrowed, as she jumped up, walking to the screen to get a better look.

When the camera zoomed in onto the face of the Na'vi, her heart dropped. It was Lo'ak, with Neteyam, Kiri, Tuk, Tsireya and Ao'nung.

' Spider. ' She whispered, as he walked up beside her. Kxilyä felt her face turn cold, as she glared at the group on the screen.

' I know. ' he spoke in a low voice. ' We have to get out there. '

Kxilyä nodded in agreement, as her eyes scanned the room. Everyone was distracted, focusing on the tulkun and running the ship, and not so much on Kxilyä and Spider. She took the chance, grabbing Spiders arm while she dragged him out the door.