08

NETEYAM GAVE US a look when we walked back, a ridiculous smile on Lo'aks face. He rolled his eyes briefly, leaning against a tree.

Jake narrowed his eyes, giving Lo'ak a suspicious look as he attempted to suppress his smile. She huffed at him.

' So much for trying to keep it a secret. ' She mumbled under her breath. Lo'ak tapped the back of her hand, gaining her attention as he leaned down and whispered in her ear.

' They were going to figure out, anyways. ' He pointed out, his warm breath blowing onto her neck, as a small shiver raced up her spine, ' Because it's going to happen a lot more often. '

He tilted his head towards her, as she sucked in a breath, stepping away from him. ' Not here. ' She hissed in a low voice, walking over to Kiri.

Kiri raised her eyebrows as a large smile appeared on her face, while she gave her a look.

' Oh, shut up. ' She scowled, sighing as she leaned back against the tree next to Neteyam. ' Is there any updates? '

' About what? ' Neteyam asked, his arms crossing against his chest.

She gave him a blank look. ' The sky people. Our plans for when they get here? '

' Oh. ' He cringed, ' We've told the village about it. Most are ready to fight, but there's a small some of people who don't want to. We'll have to make do with the fighters we have. '

Kxilyä nodded. ' We can fight. To help out. '

Lo'ak let out a laugh. ' You think they will let us fight? You're funny, Kxilyä. '

' Well, wether they like it or not we are warriors. Which means we fight. ' Kxilyä pointed out, resting her head against the tree.

' Yeah, but that wont stop them. Our father is the Olo'eyktan, he can do whatever he wants. ' Lo'ak added, ' He'd never let us on the field. '

' He is your father. Not mine. ' She stared, as Lo'ak winced.

' Sorry. '  He mumbled, as her face softened.

' Whatever. It's fine. ' She spoke honestly, as Lo'ak gave her a sympathetic look.

' Lo'ak, Kiri! ' Jake called, as their attention was snapped towards them. ' I need to to go warn Norm, Max and Spider about the sky people coming. '

Lo'ak sighed. ' Why me? Can't Kiri and Neteyam go? '

' No. Take Kxilyä with you if it's so boring for you. ' Jake scowled, as Lo'ak shrugged. Kiri pushed off of the tree, grabbing her bow as she slung it around her body with no protest.

Kxilyä stepped towards the edge of the platform, calling her Ikran. After a couple seconds, Kxia landed on the branch, letting out a cry. She smiled, reaching in her basket as she flung a piece of meat towards the Ikran.

Kxia ate it happily, as she slipped onto the back of her Ikran. Lo'ak followed behind, doing the same as his Ikran landed beside him.

She shot up into the air, smiling at the breeze that whipped her hair behind her. She adjusted her visor, looking behind her to see Lo'ak shoot up, aswell as Kiri on her Ikran.

She howled out to them, as Kiri returned it while the two caught up. She weaved her way through the sky, towards the home of the few sky people that stayed. Kxilyä never liked Spider.

He always tried to fit in with the rest of the group, and had an embarrassing crush on Kiri. He should be with his own kind.

As they landed outside the home, she slipped off the back of her Ikran as she let him free. Kxilyä sighed. She had always hated going into their home.