Different Realities

Start from the beginning

For a moment, a brief moment, I let myself be carried away by the idea of the good life I was living, Chaeyoung, my father and college. That was a lot, but it wasn't all. There were still matters to be dealt with and others to be resolved. The faster I got rid of them, the faster I could get back to the dream I was loving living with my eyes wide open.

I drove to the other end of town, a place a little different from what I was living in, but definitely similar to what I was used to. It had always been where I felt most free, both people and customs seduced me in a surreal way. Until today I carried some of them, even though they weren't that good.

- Myoui? - I was interrupted by a more than familiar voice and the air of happiness that crossed my lungs was immediately visible on my face.

- Yeonjun! - He leaned closer and I threw myself into his arms. It was always so good to cling to his body, it was an indescribable feeling for me.

- That's the only way for us to meet. You only come to see me when you need a favor. - I snorted pushing myself out of his embrace already looking for the usual pout on his face that accompanied his moments of being clumsy.

- You know it's not like that. - I pressed his lips between my fingers forcing a fish mouth. - I've really been busy with my dad, Juilliard... I went back there.

- What? - he said taking my hand away slowly. - Why did you come back?

- I felt like I was missing something not being there.

- And how did you get in?

- Long story, I even have something else to tell you that will make your jaw drop.

- You're not pregnant, are you? - I looked at him in disbelief at the level of his assumption.

- No! Why did you say that?

- You said you'd make my jaw drop and, well, that alone would have that effect on me. - He shrugged, making me roll my eyes. Getting pregnant wasn't in my plans at any time, at least for now and much less being with who I wanted to be with.

- And what are you doing here? - He looked around the neighborhood.

- I came to buy some parts for the bike, in the city it's expensive and here I can get a good discount just for being nice. Are you free yet? - He squinted his eyes and seemed to consider me for a moment.

- It depends, why? - His arms crossed in front of his chest.

- You know, I could use your presence and your muscles. - I chuckled, patting his shoulder lightly.

- Again, favors. What do I get out of it?

- A night of drinks to kill the longing and two exclusive stories.

His eyes focused on mine for a moment, that brown expanse impenetrable. I hated when he managed to confuse me and left me at the mercy of waiting for clarification in his words.

- What I don't do for you?!

I smiled victoriously at his words and pulled him down the street with me. We took advantage of the short walk to catch up on the events of his life, he seemed chatty when encouraged, all you had to do was show the slightest interest for him to give you all the possible details of something. He even reminded me of Chaeyoung and consequently made me miss her. It was amazing that even with all the time we spent together, I didn't miss the opportunity to want even more. It was even about us that Yeonjun would find out as soon as I finished my duties here. I needed to share that fact with him.

- What are we doing here? - he asked as soon as we put ourselves in front of the old apartment complex, our destination. - Don't tell me you're still using drugs.