Prologue Three: The Wind and Snake

(Remember how hyped we were when Sonic and Snake were announced for Smash Bros. Brawl? Crazy with how far we've come! I still remember the days when I was excited to play as Sonic! Now, we have Ryu, Cloud, Bayo, MegaMan, Ken, Pac Man, Joker, Terry, Hero, Banjo and Kazooie, Sephiroth, Kazuya, and Sora! Enjoy!)

                As Sakurai scattered his invitations to heroes he knew and villains they've crossed paths with, he dropped two into two worlds that were far away from those heroes. One invitation was delivered to a special op who was currently running away from an exploding weapons compound.

"I thought the mission was going to be easy, Otacon" the special op snapped in his radio as he pulled out a grenade and threw it towards a few guards.

"I'm sorry, but I can't predict the future, Snake" he replied to him, "I just got the intel and sent you out. I suppose I should've given you a bit more rations and equipment, but I assumed you could handle it"

"Less sass talk and help me find a way out of this" Snake replied to him as he then loaded a bazooka and prepared to fire it.

This is Solid Snake. His real name is David, but he is a special operative who goes on dangerous missions to sabotage the enemies' bases. He is an expert in many different firearms, combat training, and even know different forms of communications.

He fired the bazooka right a pile of explosives and blew up a few guards. He then hid in his box to avoid the debris and aftermath of the explosion. He lifted the box as he heard Otacon cheering over the radio. Snake sighed as he made a note of the damages and the weapons he destroyed in this facility. However, as he turned to leave, he caught site of a floating invitation. Snake effortlessly caught it and examined it while standing in place.

"Snake? You ok, buddy?" Otacon asked curiously, "You stopped moving. The mission is a success. Oh, did my equipment freak out on you? I really need to double check my work. I'm sorry"

"No, it is not that" Snake said as he turned the invitation over and noticed a familiar emblem that he had recently seen, "Is Colonel Campbell is still at the base with Mei Ling?"

"Uh?" Otacon replied nervously as he looked up to see the two of them talking about a report, "Yeah, they are. Is everything ok, Snake? Did something catch your eye?"

"You could say that" Snake answered as he put the letter away and prepare to leave, "I'm leaving now. This is Snake, I'm done here"

He quickly departed from the scene to arrive at the main base. It was just Colonel Campbell, Mei Ling, and Otacon remaining in the base. During voyage back to the base, he was able to look the invitation and realized where he recognized the symbol from, the worlds famous Super Smash Brothers tournament. He couldn't help but grin at it. He knew what this meant and was ready for it. Before he decides anything, he should let his team know what they believed would be the best course of action with this letter.

"Snake! Nice to see you! The mission is a success, right?" Ling asked warmly as she held her tablet and grinned.

"As usual. I need to speak with you, Otacon, and the colonel about something important" Snake said as he gained the attention of the room.

Colonel Campbell turned to his attention to him to ask, "What is it, Snake?"

He held the letter in his hands as Otacon gasped. Snake knew he would recognize it, but he wanted to know what the Colonel thought of it. Colonel Campbell examined it from a distance and seem to understand what this meant.

"Snake, have you ever heard of Super Smash Brothers?" Colonel Campbell asked seriously.

"Yes, it is that fighting tournament, right?" Snake asked as he tried to confirm it.