𝑀𝑎𝑑𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑆𝑢𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑟

*You're welcome for the extra long chapter ;P*

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

After the incident during the night, you'd been taken to the hospital wing to see tending to. Your injuries weren't super severe, but you'd gotten some bruising along your wrists, and worst of all was your throat. Which had quickly become inflamed and caused your voice to be hoarse and raspy days later.

The demon hunter, Nezuko, was able to take a talking crow and send a message to Tanjiro in the woods for you. You wanted him to know that you were okay and that you had to stay in the medical wing for at least a week before you could see him again. You longed to see him again, you were thankful that he came at the right time before anymore damage could've been inflicted.

Maiko came in a few times. She told you about how Kazuji was supposedly involved with the attack. One of the men who tried to force themself onto you carried a note to which Nezuko had found on the body. It had direct orders to... let them have their way with you to make sure that the marriage couldn't work.

She told you your father was furious and stormed his chambers to take him away. To this day, he is still in the prison underneath the palace. You knew how much Maiko liked him, but you couldn't help but notice that she always looked to be in constant fear. It was even after Cho's execution was she this fearful. You wondered what it was, and the thought never left your mind.

"Alright, would you like to try and say a few words?" You snapped from your thoughts and turned to see the healer of the palace sitting on your bedside and looking at you, waiting for an answer. "Introduce yourself to me."

You nodded your head and sat up straight; adjusting yourself to try and speak.

"M-my...." Your throat closed up on your as you held your hand up to your neck on instinct, scrunching your nose slightly at the sting and ache of your throat. "....name i-is........ Y-Y-Y/n L/n."

"Good good." She smiled sweetly to your figure. "Definitely better than the past couple days, am I right?"

"How about the date today?" She asked.

"J-June... e-ighteenth, n-ni-nineteen t-thirty one."

"Good." She stood up and took a couple notes to herself. "Welp, you seem well enough to be able to decently speak now, but rest is your biggest priority right now. Try and rest as much as possible."

The door to the hospital wing opened unknowingly and out came your father with his stoic expression.

He saw the nurse with you at your bed. "Leave us."