𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒

WARNING: slight mature content ahead that may cause triggering

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

You couldn't believe it. It all happened so fast, how? Why? Why did this have to happen? Why her? Why Cho? She didn't deserve this. She wouldn't have done something like that. It didn't make sense.

How could the world have turned against you? Why did it? Why did it have to? She was a pure soul that didn't deserve what happened. How painful it must've been for her.

You watched as her body lay limp after the crowds of people had begun to disband away and get back do whatever they had to do. All you could do was stare.

The flies had already begun to swarm over her dead body covered in her own masses of blood. Your cheeks were stained with hot tears that ended a while ago. You didn't have anymore left to spill, because all of them had been spilt.

You couldn't believe it. It didn't feel real. You hoped it was a nightmare, and you'd wake up to Cho coming into your bedroom and trying to get you up for sleeping in five minutes late.

But this was real. She was really gone. All those memories you both had together, they felt distant, so distant and vague.

Nothing will be the same... ever again.

Lin was there to witness the execution. His father left about a minute ago, your father was talking to the guards whereas he stared at you, on your knees with a look of death in your eyes.

He rolled his eyes and trudged down from the platform stained in red. He followed up to stand diagonally on your left.

He crossed his arms. "You're kidding me?"

You remained silent.

"Don't you know what she did?" He crouched down at your level to stare at your lifeless looking face. "She betrayed us... she betrayed you."

You scrunched your eyebrows and turned your head slowly to view his expression. His words finally sunk into your head, you wanted to tell him that he was wrong. It couldn't have been her. It didn't make sense, but you still kept quiet.

"If you're going to be the Queen of Japan, you need to realize that a lot of people who you trust, could turn and stab you in the back." He explained. "It happened to me."

"I had a brother who I did everything with. He was little brother. We did hunts, fishing, sports, and all that kind of stuff when we were young. And I took care of him when my mother couldn't." He continued. "But then he was taken away from me, I forced to watch my father do it himself. To his own son. And then I found out it was because he was plotting to kill me, because I was the eldest son and heir to the throne."