𝐼𝑡 𝐶𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝐻𝑖𝑑𝑑𝑒𝑛

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

Darkness had painted the sky as stars glistened all around. You taken the chance to sneak out of the palace to go and find Tanjiro.

You walked down and along the path you engraved in your memory; a dimly lit lantern held tightly in your hand as you pushed the bushes and tree limbs out of your way.

You thought about what happened, and what the red head could've been thinking about this whole time. You ran off without saying a word after that gruesome encounter with the other stranger. You felt bad just leaving him there alone with his thoughts. The human mind can be dangerous to oneself if they allow it to.

She pushed past the limbs and bushes of thorns, finally reaching the clearing that she had first met him in.

"Tanjiro." She yelled in a whisper, afraid of being too loud.

"Tanjiro!" She called out once more, no answer.

She stood there in silence and frowned to herself. Wait... maybe he's by the lake.

You wasted no time on going to look for him, remembering the path he traveled down along with you.

After ten minutes of rushing to get there, you'd finally gotten to the lake. You pushed past the line of bushes that blocked the view of the lake by the naked eye.

The lantern you carried continued to glow and urged you to lift it upwards to look for the lonely red head.

You moved your head around to the left and noticed a dark spot up against a large tree trunk. You knew it was him and slowly walked over to his figure. He stared out into the shimmering lake that reflected the gentle rays of the moon. Frogs croaked in the distance all around and a tender breeze filled the air. Little fireflies lit up the lake's coast, making the scene feel like it was out of a story book.

You inched closer, a twig snapped under your foot. You snapped your head back up, he didn't move, until he slowly averted his gaze over with his head and stared into your eyes. His eyes twinkled with the moonlight with the fireflies buzzing around without a care.

"Hey." You began. Walking closer to his figure.

"Hi." He held his head down slightly.

You came up right next to him and sat down on the ground carefully; trying not to break the awkward silence.

"Umm, I'm sorry I left you like that. I shouldn't have done that."

"It's alright. You were scared."

You sighed. "I know, it's just— I should've known that you were trying to protect me. Running off like that was horrible. I hurt your feelings, and I'm sorry for that. I don't want to hurt people."