~Visitors from the Forest~

Sitting in a small clearing, surrounded by tall grass, I listen to the sound of the waves crashing and the wind blowing through the grass. It was so peaceful, yet the soothing sounds were loud enough to block out the sound of a voice calling for me.

Tsireya calls from somewhere in the distance. "Tsaeyla!" However, I don't hear it, focused on the soft grass beneath me, as it sways with the wind. My eyes are closed, imagining the world around me- even though just opening my eyes would be easier. "Tsaeyla!" I almost hear her, my ears twitch upwards, following the sound, but still unaware that someone is calling my name.

"Tsaeyla!" I'm shaken out of my peaceful meditation, and suddenly the noises that were once the only thing there, fade into background noise. Tsireya, my younger sibling, crouches in front of me, a blank look on her face before I look up at her, and a smile appears on her lips. "Tsaeyla," She sighs. "I can't believe this isn't the first place I looked." Tsireya tells me in Na'vi before chuckling a bit. "I wanted to talk to you about something, but honestly, I can't remember what it was now."

"I'm sorry," I apologize and we both stand on our feet. "Let's go for a swim?" Tsireya only nods before we make our way into the water and calling for our Ilu, who appear only moments later. "Hello, Nettie." I greet my Ilu, petting her atop her head before mounting the young creature. Tsireya and I exchange looks before diving into the water.

Making our way towards the bottom of the reef, I look at the sparkling shells and notice a beautiful blue one. I signal Nettie to stop and I reach down to pick up the shell. Tsireya waits for me, not too far away.

I show her the shell. "For happiness." I signed to her. "I could use this." I tell her, a small smile on my face. "Nothing wrong with a bit of luck." I look back down at the ground beneath me.

"Look!" Tsireya gains my attention, excitedly. "Pink! For love!" She holds up a light pink shell, showing it to me, before putting it back down. "I want someone to give me one of these someday."

Different color shells have different meanings in our Metkayina tribe. Like Pink; for love, and Blue; for happiness and good luck. Most shells, depending on the meaning, are meant to be given from one Na'vi to another.

My sister and I continued observing the shells.

Suddenly, from above the water, there is the faint sound of a horn that causes me and Tsireya to look up at each other in confusion.

"Let's check that out." I sign to Tsireya before she nods and we both get on our Ilu's before swimming towards the surface. I wonder what could be happening. When we arrive at the surface, I slide off my Ilu and notice the tribe gathered just around the shore line, curiously looking at something. I'm not sure what it is until I spot about five Ikranay- forest Ikran. What are they doing here? Never has an Ikran flown this close to a reef, it's not like them. I notice that there are saddles along them. They have riders. Forest Na'vi?

Tsireya and I push through the crowd and I notice my older brother, Aonung, and his friend, Rotxo, already closely observing a family of- as I guessed- Forest Na'vi. "What is that? Is that supposed to be a tail!" Aonung laughs, looking over at Rotxo.

"I wonder how they swim?" Rotxo asks, truly curious, and not in a mocking way, unlike my brother. Aonung only laughs more.

"Kehe! (Stop)" I tell Aonung in a stern whisper, and slap him lightly on his forearm. He lets out a small 'ow' before doing as told. I looked over at the family, where two boys were already staring back at me. Brothers, clearly.

"Hey," The younger looking one says, with a small nod. I only smile a bit before observing the rest of the family. There are six of them. Three girls and three boys.