59 - Decision

3rd person pov:

"I see.. so he said that he had a crush on a kakushi, then he 'practiced' his confession, he told you about his actual crush, you chased him out and now you're thinking if he's worth the pain that you need to bear while you're dating him?" The female concluded, glancing up at her patient who stared back at her.

The ravenette nodded his head and the female sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose as she knitted her eyebrows together," its because of that stupid book.." she mumured under her breath.

"What?"

"No, its nothing" she spoke, waving her hand and dismissing the questions which the curious latter was about to ask," that bastard shinazugawa is really..., I can't believe how stupid he is to think that confessing in such a way was a good idea"

The hybrid shrugged.

"Tomioka, do you want to date him?"

"I don't know.." giyuu replied, propping his chin and on his hand as he sighed softly. He stared out of the window, admiring the way the purple streaks contrasted perfectly with the orange hue of the setting sun. He loved the fluffy clouds which roamed the sky and he loved the soft whistle of the wind. Everything felt so peaceful, and the tangy smell in the air reminded him greatly of the wind hashira which brought a tad bit of sorrow to his soul.

Should he date him?
Would they be happy?
Would giyuu be happy?

"If someone were to take shinazugawa away, how would you react?"

"I don't know. I-...I do like him and I want us to be a couple or something but, its just, I don't know if it's going to make us happy or if it's going to ruin whatever relationship we have. Shinazugawa's a dumb idiot, and he's rude but he's kind and I keep falling for him. Of course I wouid hate it if he becomes a couple with someone else but- I just don't know if this relationship is worth it or not... I don't want to suffer again..." The ravenette rambled on, sighing heavily for the third time as he fiddled with the bed sheets.

Giyuu was sick and tired of suffering hell again, he didn't want to live through the pain once more and he was scared to make the decision. He loved sanemi, but he knew he would have dug himself a deep whole the moment he accepted to be the scarred male's significant other - since the pain of heartbreak would be tremendous to his fragile heart. He was scared to make the decision, and it was causing him useless anxiety.

"Does shinazugawa actually like me? Or does he pity me?"

"Of course he likes you!"

"What if it was a facade though?"

"He wouldn't. He genuinely loves you tomioka"

"But how do you know, kocho? The human heart is unpredictable"

"That's because he told us - kanroji and I" shinobu paused, staring out at the window as she recalled the memory a month back, "that idiot has fallen head over heels for you, tomioka. 2 weeks before he left for the mission, shinazugawa met with kanroji and I to discuss about you"

"Me?"

"His feelings for you. It was the third session of our love counselling I think, and he had made the decision to confess to you but he wasn't sure how or when. Kanroji had given him some ideas but be found it too embarrassing to do it and said he would find a solution himself - but I swear that bastard's intelligence quotient is negative. He contacted kanroji during his 2 week mission and said he had an idea for the confession but I guess it didn't turn out as well as I thought it would be since this had totally derailed from his plan"

"What was his plan then? And what do you mean by third session??"

"We had our first counselling session 2 months back, if I recall correctly. He kept complaining about having this weird feeling whenever he was near you and he almost exploded when kanroji said it might be love. He took some time to rearrange his thoughts and by the end of the second session, he was sure he likes you. Afterwards, he kept being clingy and close to you like a loyal dog.
H

e had initially wanted to confess to you by letter - which is why he was learning hard to write because he wanted to write a simple message to profess his love for you. However, he probably realised something which made him change his plans but I can assure you, this idiot wasn't planning on confessing in this style"

"Is that so?" Giyuu scoffed, smiling sadly at his blanket whilst he let out a slow breath. He still didnt dare to trust the insect hashiras's words, and he was stuck in the same dilemma.

"You still don't believe me?"

"Its..its not that I don't believe you, its just too good to be true. Furthermore, I don't even know if dating shinazugawa will have a good outcome"

"Why don't you give it a shot?"

"Will it have a good outcome though?"

"I don't know" shinobu smiled and she stood up. She walked towards the window to examine a butterfly which had caught her attention whilst she continued on, "I don't know what the outcome will be, but you won't know unless you try"

"Is it a good idea?"

"Maybe. I don't know if you two will find happiness while dating, or go down hill because of some conflict, or something else. I don't know any of it, but what I do know is that shinazugawa's loves you a lot - so much so that he is willing to sacrifice everything for you. I can see the look of love whenever he looks at you and I can see how happy he is when you smile. He came for you even in that harsh storm, and he was ready to fight anyone who insulted you even if it was his friend. He used to be an asshole, but now he's just a fool for you. Life is unpredictable, you won't know what will happen unless you try, tomioka"

The insect hashira sighed softly and watched as the butterfly flutter away. She straightened up and turned back to face the ravenette - her eyes a warm glow as she smiled gentily at her friend.

"So, will you date him?. You don't have to force yourself to be in a relationship him, I'm sure he will also understand and respect your decision but I can assure you that dating him won't be such a bad idea. Regardless, even if becoming a couple with him turns out to be a horrible decision, I'm always here for you and I'll make sure he can't have anymore children if he breaks up with you"

"Thanks" giyuu replied softly, "I'll think about it, but thanks for comforting me"

"Its fine. Just remember not to force yourself, okay?"

The raven nodded and sighed deeply, gazing out of the window as he fell into a daze.

Looks like he would have some more thinking to do.

...