40 - Hypnotic

3rd person pov:

The male sat on the bed, eyes fluttering lazily with each tear that slipped down of this cheek. He held the bedsheet in his hands, lips trembled with fear and a sorrowful happiness that bore into his soul. He wrapped the white sheet around this frail neck, making sure it was securely wrapped around his flesh before holding onto both ends of the sheet. He took a deep breath and tugged at both end as hard as he could, gasping for air when he felt his throat constricting and body quivering for air. Black dots filled his vision and he blacked out, hands falling limp and eyes shutting close whilst he tears fell from his eyes. The feeling of death and loneliness wrapped around him like a heavy iron blanket, burdening his frail body with the empty feeling that weighed his soul to the earth. 

The hybrid opened his eyes, wiping away the tears that rolled down his cheek with a thin finger. He could still feel the cloth that was wrapped around his neck, he could still feel the lonely death that awaited for him, and he could still feel the pain in his heart whilst he cried out for help.

He didn't want to remember the attempt, but his nightmare mocked him whilst reminding him of the vicious memories he desparately tried to forget. He remembered the hellish night, he remembered how malicious the cruel world was and he remembered the blood curdling giggles as he choked himself to death.

He wanted to forget it all, but he couldn't.

He blinked, clearing the water in his eyes before squinting at the beige colour infornt of him.

"Morning, tomioka" a raspy voice mumbled, shifting his arm away from the latter's waist. Giyuu's eyes shot open and he abruptly sat up, blinking rapidly as he stared at the male beside him.

"W..what- why are you..?"

"You don't remember yesterday?" Sanemi murmured, getting out of bed and stretching out his sore arms which held the ravenette. He turned to the hybrid and ruffled his hair, fingers combing through the black locks that were long and dry. Giyuu backed away from the latter's hand, cowering his head and shifting to the opposite end of the cot to set a safe distance between the two.

"You didn't leave?"

"You were sleeping"

"And?"

"I couldn't leave you while you're asleep"

"I see, thank you for your company. You may now leave" giyuu mumbled, looking at the ground with a solemn expression that was filled with countless emotions.

"Nah, I'm free so I can stay"

"Didn't you have a mission?"

"I asked obanai to go on it while you were sleeping"

"..I'm fine now so you may leave"

"No, I don't know what shit you're gonna pull and I'm also bored,  plus master told me to rest" sanemi beamed, picking up his forgotten sword and sheathing it in the scabbard before proping it against the wall. He sank into the couch whilst whistling a soft tune that had a relaxing melody, ignoring the gaze of the ravenette. Giyuu stared at his ex colleagues in confusion and annoyance since he wanted to be left alone and the last thing he wanted was to talk to someone.