55 - Letter

Giyuu's pov:

"What? No! I'm not going to do it! That's to embarrassing" I shouted exasperatedly, staring at them whilst clutching the piece of paper.

"Aw, its not that bad tomioka!"

"What do you mean 'not bad'?!"

"It isnt!"

I stared at kocho, dumbfounded by what was running through her mind. I read through the paper again, internally crying at the plan kocho and tokito had made (kanroji decided to let those two plan the confession, since she was curious about what those two could come up with).

'1. Buy a red rose
2. Wear formal clothings
3. Buy a box of chocolates
4. Meet shinazugawa under the wisteria tree in the backgarden
5. Ask him to be your boyfriend'

This was the utterly most ridiculous plan I have ever seen. It almost seemed like I was asking him to be my valentine rather than confessing to him - from the fancy clothes to the box of chocolate and roses, it sounds like I was proposing to him or something which was not what I plan to do.

"This is too extravagant!"

"Love is about being extravagant, tomioka"

"But not this extravagant!" I sighed, rubbing my eyes as my cheeks burned red. My mouth was twisted into an embarrassed smile at the idea of my jokingly getting on one knee and holding the rose before telling him I liked him. For the record, I'm not planing on asking him to be my boyfriend so their plan didn't even fit the criteria in the first place. "Is there something more discreet?"

"How about yelling I like you from the window?" Kocho suggested.

I really want to smack her.

"No, that's way to embarrassing"

"How about writing a letter?" Tokito suggested.

"Like a confession letter?"

He nodded and I hesitated for a while, thinking about the idea before agreeing the plan. Kanroji sighed dejectedly pouted, grumbling about this whole confession thing not being romantic enough, which made me scared for my love life. It was amusing yet terrifying at the same time because if I had blindly followed their plan, things would not go straight - it might even increase the likelihood of rejection since I will be portrayed as some mentally insane person, because no sane person would ever confess to their crush in such a fancy manner.

"Wait, but isn't he illiterate?"

"I heard obanai and rengoku are teaching him how to read - and maybe write"

Huh, that's news.

"Anyways, Shinazugawa is going to be back in 5 days time, so we have some time to prepare the letter. I can provide the pen and paper to you if you need" kocho suggested, taking a sip out of her hot chocolate before setting the mug down. I smiled and nodded my head, which prompted her to chuckle softly.

"What should I write for the letter through?"

"I can help you with that"

Kanroji was grinning at me, and her eyes shined with enthusiasm which made me dread because I know she's going to pull some shit.

Fuck me, I didn't know confessing to a crush would be this hard.

...

3rd person pov:

The ravenette stared at the blank sheet of paper, clutching his head as he sighed in frustration. He held the pen in his hand, chewing on the nib aggressively whilst he furrowed his eyebrows.

Balls of paper were scattered across the floor and the rubbish bin that sat in the corner was overflowing with the crumpled paper. The male threw the pen onto the table, leaning against the chair as he stared up at the celling - contemplating on the which words would best fit with the purpose of the letter. His hair was tousled and his hands had stains of ink - a result of him trying out different pens like a brush pen (which spewed ink all over his fingers), and a ballpoint pen before concluding that he should stick with the original gel pen. He wanted to make his letter neat, formal and pretty in hope of impressing the man, a futile effort which was quite time consuming since he spent hours perfecting his writing.

"Damn it..what should I write??" The hybrid mumbled, grabbing a piece of paper that had folding lines due to the amount of times it was viewed at over and over again. The male scrutinized the paper, focusing on every letter that was imprinted onto the pristine white sheet whilst he tried to decipher the foregin language.

'key point in the confession letter!

1) must include "I like you' inside
2) write about why you like him (make it short and sweet)
3) what do you wish your relationship ship with him be
4) let him know that he doesn't need to feel pressured and force himself to like you back
5) ask him to contact you for further clarifications if needed.

*Remember to be confident! You can do it tomioka!'

Giyuu stared at the piece is paper, pulling out a blunt pencil and circling the key words in the short note kanroji had written for him.

The ravenette had been fretting over the letter every single day, and he had two more days before sanemi had returned from his mission. He had spent the past three days pondering over his lover letter and each note ended with a disastrous ending, making him seem like a creep since his letter was too formal for the current situation. He couldn't be blunt and say he liked shinazugawa because of his asshole personality - it would make him seem like a damn masochist which would surely set a poor impression of him. He also couldnt say he liked shinazugawa's body since he sounds like a pervert and it can make sanemi view him as a douchebag who only like him for looks.

It was frustrating for him, yet everytime he thinks of the wind hashira, his heart would always leap out his chest and order him to rewrite the love letter - either that or impulsively confess to shinazugawa with no prior warning whats-so-ever.

Giyuu was always outstanding in his field, but when it comes to love... He would be the very last person you would want to ask for help. Sure he is tough and strong, but he was an idiot with love and he had to fall for that dog bastard which found love to be a disgusting subject. He hadn't planned on confessing, but he despised the thought of someone else being sanemi's partner - and he was desparate for the love he seeked.
He would have never guessed that this fateful day would come, a day where he would be thinking over a love confession letter but here he is now.

Giyuu needed to hurry, for he didn't have much time left and fate...is a very unpredictable person, I must say.