48 - Mood

3rd person pov:

"Can you help me tell Aoi that her cooking is delicious?" The ravenette mumbled between mouthfuls, stuffing his face with the well season porridge that was bustling with flavour. The perfectly cooked grains of rice rolled around on his tongue, creating a soft texture that paired exceptionally well with the pan fried, crispy salmon. The dolap of mash potato that layed on another ceramic was decorated with star shaped carrot slices, followed along by the accompaniment of peas and corns which were naturally sweet. The salmon was flaky, crispy on the outside yet soft on the inside whilst it's centre was perfectly cooked to add-on to the already marvelous meal.

"Aoi is really talented"

"Definitely, help me send her my thanks"

"Of course," the female smiled. She was satisfied to see her patient eating so well, which was a hard feat to accomplish since the ravenette had been eating liquid or soft foods for the past 3 weeks. It had been so long since the hybrid was able to eat some solid food - which was really an achievement considering the insect hashira didn't know how his stomach would be able to accommodate to the food, especially after receiving extensive damage and having to endure the rogue digestive acid that had gone mad due to the lack of food for months.

She was proud to see the former hashira recovering so well, infact, he was now able to have a walk around the perimeter of the butterfly estate which would have been impossible a month before. The ravenette's mood seemed to also have improved - from the sullen look that used to haunt his soul, to the explosive and irratic breakdowns and the cries which wrecked his face, it had been a long journey for the hybrid to progress this far.

"How are you doing, tomioka?"

"I'm quite well, thanks kocho"

"Good"

"Is shinazugawa goujg to come?" Giyuu asked, looking up from his food and cocking his head to the side when he saw the female giggle.

"Yes, he said he will be visiting you"

"Oh, I see"

The insect hashira hummed, and turned her head when she heard a knock on the door, "speak of the devil" she smirked as the door swung open.

"What?" A raspy voice questioned.

"Nothing~ I'm surprised you would come here shinazugawa" the female smiled, eyeing the wind hashira with a mischievous glint, "its almost as if you miss tomioka~"

"Shut up you old hag"

"You're older than me, shinazugawa"

"Bitch" sanemi mumbled, earning a sly laugh from shinobu.

"Shinazugawa!" Giyuu called out, smiling brightly at the male. The wind hashira chuckled silenly, walking towards the enthusiastic ravenette with a soft smile curving into his lips.

"Sup, birdbrain. Is your dinner delicious?"

"Yeah, Aoi is a good cook"

"I can tell, since there is rice in your face"

"Hm? Wher-"