35 - Shinobu

3rd person pov:

The female entered the room, cringing at the ear shrilling squeak of the rusty metal door. She made a mental note to oil the hinges before pushing in a cart full of bandages and medical supplies that was stacked to the edge of the trolley. She walked towards the cot, fake smile twitching and eyes watering as she stared at the ravenette who sat motionless in the bed.

"Good morning, tomioka" she whispered and was greeted with a silence that was akin to death. She bit her lips and started working on changing the latter's wounds - stripping the dirtied bandages before cleansing and re-wrapping them with new ones. The ravenette said nothing, sitting as still as a lifeless doll that had neither moved nor blinked. His eyes were blank, a shade close to pure black and his hair was matted to his skin, losing its once voluminous floof and sheen that glistened under the light. His skin was more cracked than ever, and his bones still jutted out. He looked dead, basically. He looked like a skeleton that was still somehow alive but dead at the same time. She didn't know why the ravenette acted like this, she would rather him having irractic mood swings or random breakdowns than act like this, at least she knew he was mentally and physically present and that he was alive, to say.

Could it be possible that he was the cause of everything?

Probably.

Shinobu's pov:

I had my speculations, I had my assumptions and tried my best to not jump to conclusions but it seems like I might be right.

That asshole - shinazugawa - is the root cause of Tomioka's state.

I don't know what happened between the two during his last visit, but I can assume that they two had an argument. When I entered the room, after shinazugawa had left, tomioka was on the floor, legs brought up to his chest as he sat with an emotionless expression.

He had became like this ever since.

I didn't know what they talked about and I was hoping that they didn't argue but that asshole probably did. He had been acting weird during pillar meetings ever since the last visit with tomioka and he's more angst then usual.

I wanted to slap him for being such a dickhead but sadly, fighting with corps members is prohibited.

I looked at tomioka and I felt a tear slip down my cheek. He looked so dead and done with life that he mentally shut down, which was somehow possible with his consciousness being intact. I wanted to get shinazugawa to fix this but I know it won't work as it will only make this worse than it already was. Tomioka didn't deserve any of this but he still has to suffer. Tokito and kanroji wanted to see tomioka but I couldn't let them, because his current state will only make the two sad which is something I do not want. Only master and I knows about tomioka's condition and it's infuriating to see the others talking about him behind his back.

I got up, wipping away the tear and bid goodbye to tomioka before leaving the room as all I can hope is that tomioka will get better.

...

3rd person pov:

The female entered her office and her blood started boiling when she saw her unexpected visitor. She stomped towards the male and swung her palm, slapping the scarred male with accuracy and hostility as imaginary fumes bellowed from her head.

"How dare you show your face" she snapped, gritting her teeth and clenching her fist as she seethed in rage.

"I..I'm here to see tomioka" the male mumbled, holding his stinging cheek with shame as he sighed heavily. He had expected to be yelled at, but he didn't expect the shorter female to physically hit him.

"The stupidity you have is outstanding, shinazugawa. You didn't come for 3 weeks, and now you're showing up? Fucking audacious bastard" shinobu yelled. One could tell the insect hashira was beyond furious from a mile away - from the angry energy she radiated to the use of coarse words and the act of physical violence was a really clear indicator of how much rage shinobu held in her small stature.

"Calm down" sanemi rambled and the female had to legitimately pull out her sword to stop herself from kicking the latter in the nuts - and possibly destroy his manhood from the sheer force she was willing to put in. She held the blade to sanemi's neck, vein popping on her forehead and eyes as cold as a frosty winter before she sheathed her blade and threw the sword on the ground, internally screaming with rage and vulgar curses she benevolently wished upon the wind hashira.

"What, are you doing here?" She snarled, stomping past the male to pick up a folder and noting down random scribbles as she tried to distract herself.

"I wanna see tomioka"

"After the shit you done?"

"Yes"

"Tomioka's fucking dying for the past 3 weeks because of you and now you want to see him?" Shinobu screamed, glaring at the ravenette with a searing daggers as her body trembled with rage.

"I know I'm an asshole, but I wanna talk to him"

"And what are you going to do? Argue with him?"

"No, I wanna apologize"

"You? Apologize?" Shinobu scoffed, crossing her arms and her lips were pressed into a thin line, "stop lying, shinazugawa. There's no way an asshole like you will 'apologize' "

"I really want to"

"As if"

"I won't argue with him"

"He probably won't even argue back with your stupidity" the female laughed harshly, earning a confused look from the latter.

"Meaning?"

"Its none of your business"

"Look, can I see tomioka?"

"No"

"I'll be quick, I promise"

"Duration?"

"30 minutes"

"Too long"

"20"

"No"

"15?"

"No"

"10, 10 minutes"

"Fine, but if you fucking dare to do anything to him," shinobu growled, stalking towards the ravenette with a threatening tone, "be ready to say goodbye to your manhood" she yelled, aggressively pushing a black key she pulled out from her pocket to the scarred male's chest before kicking him out of her office, and slamming the door behind her.

"Get there yourself" she yelled and sanemi breathed out a sigh of relief and shivered at the thought of his male-friends leaving him for good, the look in shinobu's eyes were so genuine that the scarred male actually felt a tingle down his spine and was, for the first time in his entire life, scared of a 'midgit' who he normally found hilarious to tease.

Man, he didn't know females could be this scary.

---------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update 😭😭