36 - Amendments, I suppose

Sanemi's pov:

I stood infront of the metal door, taking in a deep breath as I felt dread creeping up my spine. I held the door knob, twisting it and pushing open the metal plate to enter the room.

My breath hitched when I saw tomioka.

The black chains that once held him were gone, leaving behind red markings and deep wounds that look to be infected. He sat on the bed, unmoving and emotionless as he stared into a void.

"Hey.." I mumbled, closing the door behind me and walking towards him. He didn't flinch when I stood infront of him, nor did he say anything at all. Shinobu was right, tomioka was worse than the last time I saw him. He was still emaciated, eyes still as dark as ever and his black eye bags remained. His skin was an ashy grey and his lips were very cracked. His breathing was shallow, so shallow in fact that it looked like he wasn't breathing at all.

"Hey" I repeated again but he didn't respond.

This was really bad.

I heard commotions about tokito and kanroji begging shinobu to see tomioka but that mosquito wouldn't allow anyone because tomioka was in a really bad state, so had I somewhat expected his condition to be worse than the last time I saw him but I didn't know it would be this bad.

Did our previous arguement affect him that much?

"Oi, tomioka" I spoke again, gentily flicking his forehead to get his attention but he still wasnt responsive. I sighed heavily, guilt plaguing my heart as I stared at his broken state. He legitimately looked like a doll - a doll that was crumbling and breaking apart due to the lack of maintenance from the owner. He looked so surreal and fake that it seemed impossible for a human to be like that.

"Hey, I wanna say sorry for our previous dispute. I was an asshole - I know, but I'm really sorry for what I said before. I didn't mean any of them" I rambled, gazing at tomioka who was still stationary.

"Oi, can you answer me?" I asked, waving my hand Infront of his eyes.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair as I huffed out a breath.

"Really..?" I grunted.

Maybe he doesn't want to see me.

That's.. understandable.

"Goodbye" I murmured and staggered out of the room, shutting the door behind me before slumping to the ground. It was weird how talking with tomioka was so draining - both mentally and physically - and stressful that I was unknowingly holding a breath. I stood up, stretching, cracking my knuckles and rolling my shoulders before walking down the corridor.

I'll have to try again tomorrow.

I sighed.

...

3rd person pov:

The scarred male let out a short huff and slammed the door behind him, groaning in annoyance whilst he trudged down the dim hallways. He held a small box in his hand, glaring at it and crushing it with brute force before slumping down to the floor.

"Motherfucker" he growled, running a hand through his spiky white hair as he crouched on the ground.

Sanemi had been visiting the ravenette consecutively for the past 4 days in an attempt to get him talking and each visit lead to no avail. It was pointless for him to visit the ravenette since

1. The damage he did was irreversible.

2. The hybrid was still motionless.

3. Sanemi doesn't even know if giyuu heard his apologies.

4. Shinobu was getting annoyed of his stupid ass for visiting everyday - and for being a dick.

5. He was extremely busy during this time period so it wouldn't really be wise of him to keep seeing the ravenette especially since each visit lasted 30 mins - and 30 mins is a long time (shinobu had increased his time limit to 30 minutes max as a form of pity).

He didn't know why the ravenette was such a stubborn nut to break, he wanted the get the latter to start talking, or at least drink the fluids that were given to him but giyuu remained stationary. It was starting to get infuriating for sanemi and he wanted to leave the ravenette but his gut told him to wait, to just continuously visit giyuu untill his cold shell broke.

It was a battle of perseverance and sanemi was on the brink of losing.

He didn't know why he cared so much about giyuu, maybe it was the guilt that slipped into his heart, either that or it was some underlaying feeling that was controlling sanemi's thinking process and rationality - or both.

Regardless, sanemi's main priority was to get his ex colleague to start talking and start being more human-like rather than waisting his days impersonating a statue.

The wind hashira shook his head, clearing his thoughts and pulling himself off the ground with the support of the wall before exiting the tunnel.

Maybe his luck would be better tomorrow.