6 - Scary possibilities

3rd person pov:

"Let's split up, we'll cover more ground this way" the wind hashira suggested. The ravenette nodded and they both went their separate ways, with the water hashira taking care of the north and east regions of biei while the wind hashira was watching over the west and south region. They sprinted through the town in the dead of the night, their silent footsteps echoed in the shadows, sneaking up on unsuspecting demons who fell victim to their cursed blades. The town was infested with demons, they were like pests - annoying and tedious to kill. The high pitched shrieks of demons who were decapitated played like opera music in the town, they were loud, waking up residents who needed rest with their shrilly voice. They sounded like nails on a chalkboard, cringy and errie as the sound rang through the land.

The ravenette wiped the sweat off his forehead and flicked the blood off his sword, he had been hunting demons for the past few hours. The amount of demons that were in the town was concerning, they appeared like a never ending stream, after one was killed, another would appear. It was weird, it was unusual, it's not normal to have this many demons in one area. Those violent creatures always hunt alone, they would rather die than  work together as a group.

...

"Shit.." he cursed under his breath and spat out a glob of blood, his jaw ached after a demon hit him with an uppercut. It has been 5 days since the two hashiras last arrived at the town, it was a dull process to rid the town of those carnivores but it needs to be done. The water hashira sheated his sword and met at the rendezvous. He saw his colleague standing there, tapping his foot impatiently as he leaned against the wall.

"Did you find anything?"

"No, the fuck is with these demons? They're weirder than your stupid ass" sanemi snapped, running a hand through his spiky hair as he sighed angrily.

"I heard a rumour that there's an lower moon here" giyuu spoke, ignoring the insult.

"Lower moon my ass, its probably some low level bitch"

The ravenette let out a small cough at the comment.

"What?" Sanemi asked, frowning, " something funny 'r what?"

"No, its nothing, we should head north, there's more demons there so the lower moon is most likely there"

"Whatever" the wind hashira rolled his eyes and sprinted down the path giyuu had mentioned, leaving his colleague in the rendezvous point.

...

They arrived at train tunnel in the town, it was run down and desserted but sounds of laughter could be heard inside the darkness.

"This was the area which had the most number of demons. I turned back mid-tunnel because there was too many demons"

"It looks like a shit hole" sanemi commented as he entered the tunnel. They each held a lantern, its small flame barely illuminated the cave. They continued down the path, the train tracks were rusty and mouldy and patches of moss grew on the walls. The tunnel reaked of a smell which was akin to rotting meat, it was disgusting and the ravenette almost gagged. He had force himself to breath through the smell if he didn't want to die from suffocation. The ravenette felt a tingle down his spine and he spun around, pulling out his sword as he parried the sharp claws of a demon in lightning speed.

"Disgusting" the wind hashira snarled as he slashed forward, decapitating the demon with ease. He clicked his tongue and looked at the ravenette who was staring at him.

"What?" He asked, irritated by his colleague

"Nothing, my apologies.." giyuu mumbled. Fear danced in his heart, mocking his anxious self which replayed the scenes over and over again.

Decapitation without a second thought. The look of disgust on his face as he stated at the revolting creature. The annoyance in his voice as he commented on the pest.

Giyuu was a demon.

That would happen to him if he was ever found out.

The ravenette gulped and bit the insides of his cheek. His mind replayed the encounter he had with sanemi where the wind hashira joked around about him being a demon.

Sanemi was sharp, too sharp for giyuu's liking.

The water hashira found it difficult to breathe, it was neither because of the horrendous stench of rotting flesh nor was it the captivating image of shinazugawa sanemi slaying the demon, it was the image of his crush mercilessly slaying him that sprinted through his mind, chasing after him to elicit a scream of terror from the ravenette.

"Oi, you okay?" Sanemi asked concerned. He noticed the water hashira staring at nothing, sweating profusely as his eyes trembled. As much as he hated giyuu, he would rather stare at his stoic face for an hour than fight against the mob of demons.

"Dude, are you okay?" He asked again, annoyed that giyuu didnt reply him the second time.

"You bitch, are you fucking okay?" The wind hashira growled, smacking the ravenette's head which effectively snapped him out of his daze.

"I-i apologize, I was thinking about something"

"We are on a fucking missing you dick, focus" he snapped as walking past his colleague. The ravenette bowed his head guilty and followed behind him, silently cursing at himself for being so absent-minded.