64 | we're together now

64; WE'RE TOGETHER NOW
(season four, episode sixteen)

[TRIGGER WARNING
threats of sexual violence
and carl's canon sexual assault ]

"WHAT IF THEY track us?" Freya whispered, following Daryl through the pitch-black woods

"WHAT IF THEY track us?" Freya whispered, following Daryl through the pitch-black woods. "They're unhinged, Daryl."

Daryl turned back to make sure she was following him, nodding in agreement. "Let's just hope whoever they're after kills 'em."

Freya shrugged nonchalantly. "That I can do. I'm glad you weren't really buying into it."

"I was," Daryl admitted, slowing his pace so that she could walk alongside him. "They have a code, and I can appreciate that but you... I ain't been able to stop thinkin' about what he said- claiming you. I can't have you around that. It ain't right."

"Well, thank you." Freya sighed heavily. "What are our chances of finding Beth? Be straight with me. I just wanna know."

"Ain't impossible," Daryl told her honestly. "But it ain't likely either."

Freya nodded slowly, she'd expected a response like that but it didn't make the ache in her heart any duller. "Okay."

"Ten Mississippi."

Daryl turned to Freya with a worrisome frown, pointing to a clearing in the trees. "Joe."

"Fuck," Freya hissed, jaw clenching in anticipation. Would they ever be able to escape those fuckers? "Should we go back?"

Daryl didn't respond, he just kept on moving toward the clearing. So, with a reluctant sigh, she went after him, wondering why the hell they hadn't turned back when the opportunity to do so was right there for the taking.

He stopped dead in his tracks, and Freya walked right into his back. She followed his line of sight, barely able to make out anything under the darkened sky. The moonlight lit up one thing, though- Two technically.

Her father's ocean-coloured eyes.

Freya blinked once, twice and then a third time but he was still there, of course he was still there. Eyes as unique as his were impossible to mistake for anything else. It was him. Her father was alive, he'd defied death again and she'd found him this time. Though, any hope for a heartfelt reunion was quickly erased when she made out the shadow standing above her kneeled father. Joe with his gun pressed firmly against her father's head. All the time they'd spent tracking, it had been for her father?

It took all of two seconds for Freya to draw her revolver, she charged forward without thought, ready to put a bullet in Joe's skull.

Daryl's arms caught her before she could fire, but not before she'd revealed her presence.