NOT MY FAULT PT. 5

N O T  M Y  F A U L T  P T

N O T  M Y  F A U L T  P T. F I V E
"you're gonna let me love you?"

you huffed as you slumped on the couch, letting the weight of your body take you, beside madelyn.

"what's the matter?" she asked, turning to you and recognizing the visible distraught expression.

you ran a hand through your hair, hesitating before telling her. you sighed and looked into your hands in your lap. "drew."

"uh-oh. what happened?" she said and you let out another sigh of exhaustion.

you didn't really want to talk about the whole situation—you knew you'd start crying eventually. and right now, you didn't really want that. this whole situation was draining and frustrating enough. but nonetheless, madelyn was your best friend and so you told her everything.

"it's just... frustrating. this whole situation. i mean he likes me, and then i like him but he doesn't like me anymore, apparently. well, i mean obviously, of course he's moved on. but it sucks. and i don't know what to do. about any of it." you vented.

"wait- what? he told you he moved on?" maddie questioned, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"yes. well, not exactly. he told me that i was right and we shouldn't be together. he basically said that he was glad we didn't get back together." you said, tears stinging in your eyes. you avoided eye contact with her.

now it was maddie's turn to sigh. "please don't tell me you believe him."

you stared blankly at her. you didn't really know how to respond to that.

of course you believed drew. he flat out told you he moved on and that the two of you shouldn't be together. he was obviously telling the truth. either that or he was a really, really good actor.

"well..."

"oh my god! he's so obviously lying!" maddie exclaimed, making you go wide-eyed with surprise and confusion.

"what?"

"c'mon, you don't seriously buy that. he is still so clearly in love with you. he looks at you like, your his world. and he doesn't stop asking about you when you're not around. like non-stop, it kind of gets annoying." she explained to you, and your breath started picking up with excitement.

you couldn't respond at first. you couldn't think clearly, not with what madelyn just told you. "seriously?" is all you managed to stutter out.