NOT MY FAULT PT. 4

N O T  M Y  F A U L T  P T

N O T M Y F A U L T P T. F O U R
"drew, on the other hand, was trying so very hard to not love you."

it was an understatement to say that things were awkward.

drew could barely look at you, and when he did, he just pretended nothing had ever happened. every time you had worked up the courage to talk to him, he was no where to be found.

it felt like the two of you were going in circles.

something would happen (or almost happen), and then one of you would go back to avoiding, while the other would try so very hard to amend things. it was an endless cycle, and no matter how hard you tried the break that cycle it just wouldn't happen.

whenever your mind went back to that night, you would become choked up and teary eyed at the thought of it. the way drew had laid all his emotions out for you, just on display for you to see and accept, and how you had turned him down made you regret everything you said.

you loved him.

there was no doubt about that. but you were still trying to come to terms with it.

and so, you had decided to talk to someone about it, and when you realized the only person you wanted to talk to was drew, you mentally screamed. this situation was so incredibly difficult, and you hated it.  but, every time you wanted to talk to him, you delayed it. first by a few hours, and then hours turned into days which turned into weeks.

drew, on the other hand, was trying so very hard to not love you (spoiler alert, it wasn't working). you had made it so clear to him that no was no, and it hurt like shit. it had slapped him in the face like a cake at an out of control birthday party.

and that was frustrating.

as a result, he decided it would be best to avoid you and reciprocate your rejection in order for him to move on. he could barely look at you. for one, he was embarrassed. he had confessed the fact that he was so deeply in love with you, and you had practically shot him down. and secondly, he needed to move on. enough was enough. it wasn't a great decision, but drew's brain worked in weird ways.

your views were somehow the exact opposite.

but at the end of the day, you both loved each other. and you both knew it. it was so obvious.

"and that's a wrap for the day." jonas had announced, snapping you out of your thoughts. "good job today, see everyone tomorrow morning."