WORST TIMING PT. 2

W O R S T  T I M I N G  P T

W O R S T T I M I N G P T. T W O
"i missed my chance at having the best relationship in my life."

STANDING UP AND LOOKING IN THE mirror, you study your outfit for tonight's date with Dylan.

  Ever since the almost kiss that occurred between you and Drew, everything's been awkward with both him and Dylan.

  It's awkward around Dylan, because he loves you so much and you thought you felt the same. But turns out—you are still so madly in love with Drew. So lovesick that it hurts, almost.

  And it's awkward with Drew because you can't just pretend nothing ever happened between the two of you. But you can't seem to figure out if it meant something to him too. You're trying to read between the lines, but he's giving you nothing.

You were stuck. You didn't know what to do. You thought the obvious choice would be to get with Drew, but you still really liked Dylan and you didn't want to hurt his feelings. It was like the addiction of love got to you in the worst way possible—in a way that you couldn't get out of no matter how hard you tried. It's like when you jump into water with a strong current; the current drags you down as you try to swim, but eventually you don't know which way's up or down.

You sighed, leaning closer into the mirror and touching up your makeup before heading out.

Though, when you turned around, a familiar face leaned in the doorway; with his hands in his pockets, he looked you up and down in pure admiration.

Your breath hitched by the sudden appearance. You hadn't expected him to be there, though you weren't mad.

"Jesus, Drew, you scared me." You laughed, placing a hand to your chest to calm your erratic breathing down. Though it wasn't only from the fact that he scared you. Ever since the other night, he never failed to make you nervous. Like badly nervous.

"Sorry." He chuckled, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "Yo-You look great—by the way." He said, gesturing to yourself.

You curtsied as a joke, smiling wide which made him laugh. "Thank you, Drewsky." You said, which had always been his nickname for you. The name always made the boys heart flutter.

It didn't take long before the silence turned awkward. Nothing seemed to be perfectly normal between you and him anymore, and you couldn't stand it.

You see, this was the worst part of love. The part where you're torn between two, and you're unsure how one of them feels. You think being with that one person is gonna feel so right and so good, but you don't want to mess things up with the other. Our hearts can be faithful and fickle at the same time.

"I should get going. Dylan will be here any minute." You said, before heading out past Drew and towards the door.

"Ok. But, I don't think he's coming." He said, squinting his eyes and tilting his head.

"What do you mean?" You furrowed your brows in confusion.

"He isn't gonna come." His words only made you more confused, and he could obviously tell. "Because I told him not to come." He bluntly told you, causing your face to fall in complete surprise. Your facial expression quickly turned sour when you processed what he meant.

"Why the fuck would you do that? This was our ten week anniversary—and I know, that it's not that long of a relationship but it was special and it meant something to me! I cannot believe you actually had the nerve to cancel my own date." You whined, tears prickling down your cheeks, as if with each rose petal came the thorns.

Drew was taken aback immediately. He thought the gesture would have you throwing yourself into his arms; he obviously thought wrong. He didn't know what to say. He didn't know whether to say he'll fix it, or to comfort you. It pained him to see you cry. More than you'll ever know.

"Why'd you do it?" You asked. You didn't care if you were being overdramatic—he had no right to do what he did.

Should I say it? "Because I'm in love with you." He said it. It's out. He broke the ice so unhesitatingly. Your facial expression turned from sour to utter and complete shock in a matter of seconds.

"I said it. I love you. And it kills me that you're dating this guy. Do you know how bad it hurts to hear you ramble on about how much you love him? Do you know how badly I want to be him? I want to be the one to kiss you on the beach and to comfort you when your upset. Instead Dylan got it all. He's so damn lucky for getting the best girl in the entire world, and I missed my chance at having the best relationship of my life."

"Drew—"

"And I'm sorry—I'm so sorry, for cancelling your date, but I didn't know what else to do. I'm so fucking in love with you that it makes me sick. I love your perfect little smile, and I love the way you light up a room every time you walk in. And I love how gorgeous you are in that dress. And I know I shouldn't love you because you love him, but the other night wasn't just a spur of the moment. I know you felt something too, I know you did. And... I'm sorry. For ruining your night. But I had to tell you." He rambled on, and despite the tears, you were so happy he said it.

In this moment, he made it clear that you wanted to be with him and only him. He fought for you, he fought to be with you. Never in a million years would Dylan do that. That's what separated Drew from Dylan—Drew loved you so much more that he was willing to do anything to get you.

"Joseph Drew Starkey, I love you." You said, earning yourself a famous Drew smile, before he rushed over to you and smashed his lips onto yours.

You're finally kissing him, and it felt so good. It felt natural, and for a second there, it felt like time stopped. It felt like nothing else mattered, and that you wouldn't ever breathe again without his touch.

Oh how you loved this boy. And it only made the kiss ten times better.

Your lips moved together in sync, and his forefinger went underneath your chin. Pushing you against the door, the kiss quickly became heated when he pulled the strap of your dress down.

"You're so very beautiful." He said, against your skin which sent shivers all over.

"Please stop complimenting me." You breathed heavily, his touch seemingly making you more nervous than his words.

"Why?"

"Your making it so hard for me to not fall in love with you." You smiled, as he pressed a kiss to you shoulder.

"In that case—you're gorgeous." He said, slipping off the other strap. You only smirked.

"And I want to show you just how beautiful you are."

AUTHOR SPEAKING !!
i'm sorry this was shit I had a good idea for part two but I didn't deliver IM SORRY